We are very happy to announce that the winners of a 5-pack of gorgeous CCA Boomerang Bags are Nerida Ewings, Clare Fisk, Charmaine Eyers, Leticia Fitzgerald, Brendan McGregor, Belinda Grosvenor. And yes, our lovely friends at CCA Boomerang Bags gave us another prize pack so we could give out 6 in total!
It’s estimated that Australian retailers give away 6 billion plastic bags each year, ending up in landfill and polluting our waterways. Woolworths will no longer give shoppers free single use plastic bags from Wednesday 20th June. And Coles is following suit on Sunday 1st July.
Single use plastic bags at these two retailers will be replaced by thicker “reusable” plastic bags that you will have to pay for. So an extra financial cost to families that adds up over time. And they’re still made of plastic (just more of it) and will still end up in landfill and polluting our oceans.
Did you know that by 2050, there will be more plastic in our ocean than fish. YUK!
Thankfully there’s a much better way to navigate the ban – say NO to plastic shopping bags altogether! And invest in reusable options that aren’t plastic, are washable and can be used for ages. Better yet, use bags that are created from materials that have already been made, such as Boomerang Bags. Made from repurposed fabric by dedicated volunteers, Boomerang Bags save material from going to landfill and give it a new lease of life.
To help you go plastic free when you shop, we are giving away 25 beautiful handmade and unique reusable shopping bags, thanks to CCA Boomerang Bags!
How to Enter
For your chance to win a set of CCA Boomerang Bags, simply tell what items can be repurposed to make shopping bags? You can enter between 7pm 17th June and 8pm 19th June 2018 on the ParraParents Facebook page and there will be five lucky winners who will win FIVE bags each. That should be enough to help your family go plastic bag free for your shopping.
NOTE: prizes will only be delivered to winners who live within the City of Parramatta. Other winners must be happy to pick up their prize from CCA Offices in Eastwood or West Ryde.
About CCA Boomerang Bags
Boomerang Bags is a worldwide movement to tackle plastic pollution. Volunteer hubs are popping up in communities everywhere, including the CCA Boomerang Bags group in West Ryde. Reusable shopping bags are handmade from donated and repurposed material that might have otherwise ended up in landfill. Think doona covers, tablecloths, sheets and curtains – all lovingly given a new lease of life in the form of shopping bags. Not only are they useful, they also start meaningful conversations on the importance of reducing our reliance on single-use plastic.
CCA Boomerang Bags has taught novices how to sew, provided a welcoming and friendly community of like-minded people, and started conversations about how we can reduce waste and live more sustainably.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to people who like the ParraParents CCA Boomerang Bag post, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person will be accepted.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘what items can be repurposed to make shopping bags?’ on the ParraParents Facebook page.
- All entries will be judged by ParraParents team members – Kellie Darley and Vaness Julien. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 7PM SUNDAY 17TH JUNE 2018 and ends 8PM TUESDAY 19TH JUNE 2018. All entries must be posted by 8pm TUESDAY 19TH JUNE via the ParraParrents Facebook page.
- The winners will be announced on the ParraParents website and Facebook page on WEDNESDAY 20TH JUNE 2018.
- The winners will be contacted by THURSDAY 21ST JUNE 2018.
- There are five prize packs to be won. Each prize packs contains five CCA Boomerang Bags, valued at $15 per pack. Note: winners will not be able to choose the design of the bags they are given.
- The prizes will only be delivered to winners homes if they LIVE within the City of Parramatta. All other winners MUST be able to collect their prize from CCA Eastwood Office (weekdays) or the CCA Boomerang Bags hub at West Ryde on Monday mornings.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive the prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges.