The winners are 1st Prize – Vita Talmont and 2nd Prize – Ann Soriano.
What is one of your favourite places to take the kids?
Competition 3 Details*
To enter launch competition 3, simply comment below with your answer to the question ‘What is one of your favourite places to take the kids?’, as well as subscribe to the ParraParents newsletter.
- Competition Opens: Saturday 17th September at 8pm.
- Competition Closes: Wednesday 21st September at 8pm.
- 1st Prize: DIY Party for 5 people at Boing Central (valued at $100).
- 2nd Prize: Big Ticket Family Pass to Australian National Maritime Museum (valued at $75).
* The full terms and conditions for launch competition 3 are at the bottom of this page.
Launch Competition Series
Remember, there are FIVE competitions in total, running for four days each, from 7th until 30th September.
With over 80 indoor jump trampolines and 1600 square metres of fun, Boing Central is an obvious choice when it comes to birthday parties, Christmas parties and even team building corporate events. They cater to all ages, so whether you’re 2 or 200, you’ll love the fun their huge trampoline park brings.
Boing Central offer a great range of activities, including:
- Toddler playgroup every Tuesday and Thursday during school term – read our review here
- Monthly Boogie @ Boing Disco Nights
- Jump central – jump/flip zone
- Tiny Tot Central – Dedicated area for preschool kiddies
- Slam Central – Basketball trampolining
- Dodge Central – Dodgeball Competitions
- Foam Central – Foam Pit fun, practice those flips you’ve always wanted to master.
- Café Central – Relax in our mezzanine area while the others play
- Party Central – Book your next birthday/ celebration in one of our two large Party rooms
- Team Central – Corporate team building activities with a difference
Minimum of 4 Guests, Maximum of 8 Guests – 1.5hrs party fun duration (no host provided)
- Full use of Foam Pit
- Full use of Main Arena and Slam Dunk Arena
- Boing Central Jump socks – yours to keep for future visits
- Reserved Table on Mezzanine Area – decorated with balloons/table cloth
- Chips/lollies on arrival – fuel up for your jump time
- Water/Cordial jugs on table
- 1 Large pizza per 4 guests Or 2 Large pizza per 8 Guests (Topping of your choice)
- Captain Boing, Cakes and Lolly Bags (optional extras) are available on request
ADDRESS: Unit 5/6, 4-8 Inglewood Place, Norwest Business Park, Baulkham Hills
Located in Darling Harbour, the Australian National Maritime Museum is Australia’s national centre for maritime collections, exhibitions, research and archaeology.
These school holidays children can ‘go wild’ becoming immersed in our world’s wonderful wildlife in a fun-filled holiday program at the Australian National Maritime Museum, inspired by the much-loved exhibition Wildlife Photographer of the Year from London’s Natural History Museum.
A charming theatre show takes children on an adventure with some pesky seagulls while ‘jungle drums’ explore the rhythms of wildlife. Kids on Deck, a creative space for art making, games and dress ups, delves into the biology of wondrous wildlife and wilderness environments.
Children can touch and discover curious artefacts and objects related to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition in the Cabinet of Curiosities and budding television stars can become junior David Attenboroughs when filmmaker Nicola Walkerden takes them from scripting-to -directing in a television presenters workshop.
Families can also unlock the secrets of celestial navigation, and enjoy a unique under-the-stars torchlight tour on board HMB Endeavour with a theatrical guide.
For a full program of all the wonderful family activities available throughout the holidays, visit anmm.gov.au/schoolholidays. Below are some highlights:
- Kids’ craft activities: Wild Wonders 25 September – 9 October 2016, 10am – 4pm
Play, create and discover in Kids on Deck – a fun filled activity space with art making, games and dress ups for primary school aged children and their carers. These holidays, delve into the biology of wondrous wildlife and wilderness enviroments. Create a whale mobile, make your own creature mask, sculpt a camera or a miniature diorama. 5 – 12 years.
- Musical storytelling: Jungle Drums 28 September and 5 October, 11.30am. 12.30pm and 2pm
Take a journey into the rhythms of wildlife and the natural world with interactive storytelling and music workshops.
- Under 5s tour – Alphabet Animals 27 September, 4 and 8 October, 10.00am and 11.00am
A is for anemone, Z is for Zebrafish. Discover animal photos and specimens on display at the museum with movement, songs and storytime in a fun and interactive learning program especially designed for toddlers. Afterwards head to Kids on Deck for crafts and messy play.
- Family Torchlight Tour: Starry Skies on a Tall Ship 4 – 12 years Thursday 6 October, 6.15pm – 7.45pm
Take a theatrical guided tour through celestial navigation history in Ships Clocks and Stars and on board HMB Endeavour. Use astronomical telescopes and navigational devices to find constellations in the night sky. Enjoy refreshments and souvenir art making activities.
- Youth workshop: Young inventors 8 – 14 years Thursday 29 September, 10am – 3pm
Get hands on with kinetic art and science inspired by our temporary exhibitions. Experiment with engineering creations that move, float, fly and spin. Learn about navigational instruments – ways of telling time, distance, speed and location and invent your own creative wayfinding device.
The Australian National Maritime Museum is open from 9.30am to 5pm daily. All enquiries (02) 9298 3777 or visit anmm.gov.au/schoolholidays.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is open to all subscribers of the ParraParents newsletter, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person is to be submitted.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘What is one of your favourite places to take the kids?’ in the comment section of the competition page.
- All entries will be judged by the current administrators of the ParraParents website – Claudia Stamfel, Kellie Darley and Mel Towers. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 8pm SATURDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER 2016 and ends 8pm WEDNESDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER 2016. All entries must be posted by 8pm WEDNESDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER 2016.
- The winner will be announced on the ParraParents website by FRIDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER 2016.
- The winner will be contacted by FRIDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER 2016.
- The winners name and email address will be shared with the businesses providing the prizes, either Boing Central or Australian National Maritime Museum by MONDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER.
- First prize is a DIY Party for 5 people at Boing Central, valued at $100. The party must be booked in advance and is subject to availability.
- Second prize is Big Ticket Family Pass to Australian National Maritime Museum, valued at $75.
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- A voucher will be sent to the winners by the businesses providing the prize.
- The prize must be used within 12 months.
- In the event of the winner not being able to receive their prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges to receive the prize.