Can you believe ParraParents is turning 1! We launched the ParraParents website* to help families more easily find activities and events in the Parramatta region. In the last year, we have shared more than 350 playground reviews, cafe reviews and other handy articles on things to do with kids – that’s almost one a day! – along with thousands of family friendly local events. And by the sounds of things, you are finding it really helpful and handy.
To celebrate our 1st birthday, we will be giving some of our lucky readers a great birthday gift! All thanks to some of the wonderful local businesses we have gotten to know over the last year.
For your chance to win one of 17 wonderful prizes, worth close to $2,000 in total, simply answer the following question between 1st September at 8pm and 8th September at 10pm on our Facebook page:
What is a favourite park, cafe or family friendly event you discovered thanks to ParraParents?
* ParraParents website went live on 7th September 2016 and is run on a voluntary basis.
Prizes You Can WIN!
See below for more details of each prize and the full terms and conditions.
PRIZE 1 & 2: Family Pass to the Kidtopia Festival – Fairfax Media (Winners: Kate Costin and Angela Turville)
Thanks to Fairfax Media we have 2 family passes to the Kidtopia Festival to give away. Each family pass consists of 2 adult tickets, 2 children tickets and 4 unlimited ride passes.
The 3 day festival is held in the October School Holidays at Parramatta Park and is packed with live music, theatre, circus school, delicious food, market stalls, roving performers, farm animals and tonnes of activities for kids and grown-ups to enjoy together. And on Friday and Saturday night you can enjoy a movie under the stars with the Open Air Cinema.
Plus, there is Littletopia, a special paradise for kids under 5. Here little ones can jump, climb and slide in Tumbletown, have fun in the Tiny Tots play area or get creative with Paint & Play. After all of that, relax on one of the Chibebe beanbags.
Kidtopia Festival Details:
PRIZE 3: 1 hour Family Mini Photo Session – Josephine Sicad Photography (Winner: Ishanya Moodley)
Capture your family memories with a one hour Family mini photo session with Josephine Sicad Photography.
Josephine Sicad is a wedding and lifestyle photographer and local Parramatta Mum.
She grew up in the Philippines and moved to Australia from Singapore in 2015.
Josephine captures candid and relaxed staged moments between families and friends. Her logo captures the essence of her personality and style of photography, a free spirit with a camera and a bike. Josephine captured the 2016 ParraParents Christmas Party at the Baker and Builder Cafe and regularly photographs our little bush explorer outings.
The one hour family mini photo session with Josephine includes a digital copy of all the high resolution images captured in the photo session.
Josephine Sicad Photography Contact Details:
PRIZE 4: 1 hour Make Up Tutorial and Full Glamour Make Over – Makeup Workshop for Busy Mums (Winner: Leanne Larwood)
Receive a one hour make up tutorial and a free full glamour make over with Ashleen Hill thanks to Makeup Workshops for Busy Mums.
Ashleen Hill is a makeup artist who offers one on one makeup tutorials as well as youtube tutorials using affordable makeup, most which is available at chemists, that fit every mum’s budget.
The one hour make up tutorial will focus on either base makeup techniques (foundation, concealing, blush, contour and bronzing) OR eye make up techniques from glam to everyday eye look.
Ashleen Hill Contact Details:
PRIZE 5: 10 Dance Class Pass for Preschoolers – The Performance Studio (Winner: Fianna Palmer)
Pre-schoolers can get their grove on with a 10 dance class pass thanks to The Performance Studio in Northmead. The classes follow ‘Ready Set Dance’, a toddler and pre-schooler program.
Established in 2003 by husband and wife Brendan and Yvette Monger, The Performance Studio in Northmead recently introduced the Ready Set Dance program for their pre-school classes. The program, taught in dance studios across Australia, consists of one hour classes featuring jazz, tap, hip hop, singing, music and heaps of fun specifically tailored for children aged 2 to 5.
Through exercises such as balancing bean bags, working as a team with the parachute, singing on the microphone, and playing musical instruments, the classes extend beyond dance to develop skills such a teamwork and confidence.
The Performance Studio Contact Details:
PRIZE 6: House Clean – Bennett Property Solutions (Winner: Tanya Chiu)
Take a break while Krystal and Peter from Bennett Property Solutions come and clean your home from top to bottom wiping away sticky finger marks and getting rid of the pesky dust.
Bennett Property Solutions is a family owned and locally operated business offering professional yet affordable services such as regular home and commercial cleaning, end of lease cleaning, dog walking and garden maintenance. The team will come to your home and complete a house clean which can include, but not limited to, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning the kitchen, vacuuming and mopping.
Bennett Property Solutions Contact Details:
PRIZE 7: 10 Visit Pass to Lollipops Playland Parramatta (Winner: Greta Dumbleton)
Rain doesn’t have to stop your fun, thanks to Lollipops Playland Parramatta you can enjoy a 10 days at their indoor play centre.
With play areas for babies through to school children as well as a jumping castle, spinning tea cups and rock climbing wall, Lollipops Playland is a perfect place for some indoor fun. There is a cafe offering the classics like chicken nuggets and chips but also offering burgers, sandwiches and pizza.
The fully air-conditioned venue is the perfect place to play when being outside isn’t possible.
Lollipops Playland Parramatta Contact Details
PRIZE 8: Two Hour Sydney Harbour Cruise – Captain Cook Cruises (Winner: Christie-Lee Lachance)
Cruise around Sydney Harbour with your family thanks to Captain Cook Cruises.
Enjoy a 2 hour cruise around Sydney Harbour while enjoying light refreshments as you and your family are taken on a journey and discover the people, places and events that have shaped the Harbour.
Alternatively, you can choose a ‘Hop On, Hop Off’ ferry family pass which allows you to explore the harbour at your own pace over 24 hours stopping at 11 stops including Manly, Wastons Bay, Fort Denison, Taronga Zoo and Darling Harbour.
Both passes are for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Captain Cook Harbour Story Cruise departs at 10am and 2:15pm daily from Circular Quay Wharf No.6.
- Hop On Hop Off Ferry depart from the main tourist precincts of Circular Quay, Darling Harbour and Manly.
- For timetables and more information, visit https://www.captaincook.com.au/.
PRIZE 9: 10 Visit Pass to Code Red Laser (Winner: Melanie Pearson)
Test your aim at Code Red Laser with a 10 visit pass. You can round up the kids and their friends or have a parents vs kids match.
Test your skills while you battle your opponents and find your way through the 4 level maze, which has randomly changing robotic doors and obstacles. The arena is filled with fog and ultraviolet lights. Each mission takes 12 minutes and will have you coming back for more. Anyone can play so don’t let the kids have all the fun!
Code Red Laser Contact Details
- Located above Lollipops Playland Parramatta
Unit 3, 175 James Ruse Drive, Rosehill
- (02) 9638 0788
- [email protected]
- Website | Facebook Page
PRIZE 10: 14-Day Fitness Pass, including Creche, at YMCA Epping (Winner: Bec Carlier)
Work out at Epping YMCA with a 14 day fitness pass, including creche.
Epping YMCA is a local community recreation centre. With group fitness classes, indoor sport such as futsal, netball and ultimate frisbee, karate, kinder gym and gymnastics classes, there is something for everyone. They also have a creche where you can leave your children in very good hands while you get fit, play sport or take part in Kinder Gym classes with older kids.
With a 14-day fitness pass you can go hard at the gym or take it at your own pace, and with access to the creche you won’t have to worry about finding a babysitter for the kids.
Epping YMCA Contact Details:
PRIZE 11: Family Pass to Curiosity – Riverside Theatres (Winner: Valar Mathy)
Be delighted with aerial and acrobatic feats while following the story of a young girl named Alex who ventures into the world of Curiosity through a tunnel in the bottom of her toy box. With chair balancing, stilts, ladder routines and original song and dance, Curiosity is a theatrical collision between Circus Oz, Dr Seuss and Alice in Wonderland.
Suitable for children aged 4 to 10, the performances of Curiosity will take place during Riverside Theatres ‘Spot On Children’s Festival’. The annual festival is on again during the spring school holidays from 26th to the 30th of September. The festival features theatre, film, music and free events suitable for all ages. The festival also continues its dedication to relaxed performances to cater for young audiences with additional needs as well as including Auslan interpreted performances.
Riverside Theatres Contact Details:
- Corner of Church and Market Streets, Parramatta
- Box Office Phone Number: (02) 8839 3399
- Website | Facebook Page
PRIZE 12: A Kellie Bollard Three Book Set and Spring Seeds Pack – Seed Harvest Spoon (Winner: Vanessa Julien)
Enjoy learning about gardening with a Kellie Bollard three book set that includes ‘In the Bin’, ‘Worms the Mechanics of Organics’, and ‘Gardens – Sow, Grow, Care, Share’. These books are a great way to introduce concepts of waste reduction, recycling and organic gardening to young children. Full of colour photographs, the books are printed in Australia on recycled paper.
Then put it into practice what you learnt with a spring seed pack. All thanks to Seed Harvest Spoon, who deliver the Little Green Fingers Garden Program and provide garden education programs to a host of schools and preschools.
PRIZES 13 & 14: Transport Gift Packs – Trouble and Mischief (Winners: Craig Wood and Mea Naz)
We have two transport gift packs to give away thanks Trouble and Mischief. Each pack contains road tape, train track tape, two Hot Wheels cars and a Thomas and Friends train.
Trouble and Mischief is a local business run by Parramatta Mum Julie Mason that sells a variety of practical yet playful toys and gifts. Make Lego creations stick to your wall or phone with a variety of different ‘block tapes’ and create roads and train tracks that climb up the wall with road and train track tape.
Trouble and Mischief Contact Details:
PRIZE 15: Six Cupcakes – Emma’s Cakes (Winner: Al Eli)
Enjoy 6 cupcakes decorated with fondant toppers made fresh by Emma’s Cakes.
Based in Putney, Emma’s Cakes is owned by Emma Vella who creates customised, handmade cakes. Emma has a passion for creating fun and tasty cakes as well as cupcakes and cookies. Emma predominately works with fondant and can create something unique for every occasion.
Emma’s Cakes Contact Details:
PRIZE 16: Box of Chocolates – Cocoa Rush Chocolate Shop and Cafe (Winner: Charmaine Eyers)
Enjoy a box of handmade chocolates thanks to Cocoa Rush Chocolate Shop and Cafe.
Their Chocolate Shop and Cafe is located in Rydalmere and provides what the Parramatta District desperately needs, Chocolate and Coffee. The cafe also serves homemade cakes, cronuts, friands and sandwiches. Plus, they offer chocolate making lessons for both adults and children.
Cocoa Rush Chocolate Shop and Cafe Contact Details:
- Located on the corner of Clyde Street and Victoria Road
267 Victoria Road, Rydalmere
- [email protected]
- Facebook Page
PRIZE 17: 500g Bag of Honra Blend Coffee – a.k.a Coffee (Winner: Lisa Harrison)
Get your coffee fix thanks to a.k.a. Coffee with a 500 gram bag of Honra blend coffee beans. A.k.a. Coffee is a local supplier of freshly roasted coffee as well as selling a variety of home brewing equipment. With over 15 years experience a.k.a Coffee offers a ‘Barista House Call’ to Sydneysiders.
a.k.a Coffee Contact Details:
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to people who have liked the ParraParents Facebook page, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) online entry per person will be accepted. Parents attending ParraParents 1st birthday celebrations at the Telopea Community Fair on 2nd September have the option of completing an additional entry.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘What is a favourite park, cafe or family friendly event you discovered thanks to ParraParents?’
- All entries will be judged by the current administrators of the ParraParents website – Kellie Darley and Melissa Towers. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 8pm FRIDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER 2017 and ends 10pm FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 2017. All entries must be posted by 10pm FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 2017 via the ParraParrents Facebook page.
- The winners will be announced on the ParraParents website and facebook page by MONDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER 2017.
- The winners will be contacted by WEDNESDAY 13th SEPTEMBER 2017.
- The winner’s name and contact details will be shared with the business in which they have won a prize from.
- No prizes are redeemable for cash.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive their prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges to receive the prize.
- Each prize has individual terms and conditions. These terms and conditions have been set by the businesses providing the prizes. These are set out below:
- Family pass for Kidtopia:
- The family pass consists of 2 adult tickets, 2 children tickets (aged 5-17) and 4 unlimited ride passes valued at $220 each.
- The winner will be given promotional codes from either ParraParents or Matthew Appleby of Fairfax Media that they will enter when they ‘purchase’ tickets for the festival.
- The winner is responsible for the redemption of the tickets.
- 1 hour mini family photo session by Josephine Sicad Photography:
- The 1 hour photo session includes a digital copy of all the photos taken during the session in high resolution format valued at $200.
- The 1 hour mini family photo session is to be used within 12 months.
- Scheduling of the photo session is at the discretion of Josephine Sicad.
- 1 hour tutorial and full glamour makeover by Ashleen Hill:
- The 1 hour tutorial is for base makeup techniques OR eye makeup techniques and is valued at $80.
- The 1 hour tutorial is redeemable from the 10th OCTOBER 2017 until JUNE 2018.
- The full glamour makeover will be bridal style and is valued at $100. The make over is redeemable Monday to Friday after 2pm or on Saturdays between 10am and 5:30pm.
- The tutorial and make over do not have to be redeemed at the same time.
- 10 class pass for Ready Set Dance at The Performance Studio.
- The winner must redeem the 10 class pass by emailing The Performance Studio.
- The 10 class pass must be used by 1st December 2017.
- The class suits preschoolers, aged 2 to 5
- House Clean by Bennett Property Solutions:
- Bennett Property Solutions will mail the winner a gift certificate.
- The certificate will have a 12 month expiry date.
- The clean is to the value of $150 and is subject to fitting in with Bennett Property Solutions availability.
- 10 visit pass to Lollipops Playland Parramatta:
- Lollipops Playland will be contacted with the winners name and contact details and will then contact the winner.
- The 10 visit pass can be used for 1 child or mulitple children, but excludes birthday parties.
- Captain Cook Cruise:
- Valid on Harbour Story, Highlights or Hop On Hop Off Harbour Explorer.
- Harbour Story is a 2 hour cruise around Sydney Harbour including unlimited self serve coffee, tea and biscuits valued at $148.
- The Hop On Hop Off ferry pass is valued at $140 and is a 24 hour pass that stops at 11 stops across Sydney Harbour. Attraction entry is not included. Stops include Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo, Fort Denison, Manly, Watsons Bay, Luna Park, Shark Island, Garden Island, Barangaroo, International Convention Centre.
- Valid until 31st March 2018.
- Pass is valid for 2 adults and 2 children only.
- Not valid for special events, public holidays or attraction entries. Excludes special offers, drink packages, window upgrades, weekend lunches, and Saturday Night cruises between November and February.
- Not valid for Vivid Sydney Festival and other dates at the discretion of Captain Cook Cruises.
- 10 visit pass to Code Red Laser:
- Code Red Laser will be contacted with the winners name and contact details. They will then contact the winner.
- The 10 visit pass can be used for 1 child or multiple children but excludes birthday parties.
- Entry is subject to availability, the winner must contact Code Red Laser before visiting to ensure availability.
- 14 day fitness pass to Epping YMCA:
- Epping YMCA will be contacted with the winners name and contact details.
- The winner is responsible for picking up the fitness pass.
- The pass must be redeemed within 3 months
- The 14 day pass includes access to the creche.
- Creche hours are 9:15 – 11:45 am Monday – Friday.
- Minimum age of child that can be placed in the creche is 6 months old and maximum age of child is 6 years old.
- Family pass to Curiosity at Riverside Theatres:
- The family pass is for four people to see Curiosity at Riverside Theatres.
- There are 3 show times, Thursday 28th September at 2pm, Friday 29th September at 10:30am and Friday 29th September at 1pm. The 10:30am performance is a relaxed performance and the 1pm is an AUSLAN interpreted performance.
- The winner must contact Riverside Theatres on 88393399 to book and must mention the letter that will be provided by ParraParents.
- The letter must be then posted, faxed or delivered into the box office to confirm booking and before collecting the tickets.
- Tickets must be booked in advance and are subject to availability.
- 3 books and spring seed pack from Seed Harvest Spoon:
- The 3 books are ‘In the Bin’, ‘Worms the Mechanics of Organics’ and ‘Gardens – sow, grow, care, share’. All have been authored by Kellie Bollard.
- The 3 books and seeds are valued at $60
- Seed Harvest Spoon will be contacted with the winners name and contact details and will then contact the winner.
- Transport Pack from Trouble and Mischief:
- Each transport pack is valued at $30 and contains road tape, train track tape, two randomly chosen Hot Wheel cars and one randomly chosen Thomas and Friends Train.
- The winners of this prize must collect it from Rydalmere.
- 6 cupcakes from Emma’s Cakes
- The winner will receive six cupcakes with custom made fondant toppers valued at $30.
- The prize is valid for 6 months and must be picked up from Putney.
- The design of the fondant toppers is subject to the discretion of Emma Vella, owner of Emma’s Cakes.
- A box of chocolates of the winners choosing from Cocoa Rush Chocolate Shop and Cafe.
- The winner will be contacted by Cocoa Rush to orgainse a day and time to redeem their prize.
- The winner will be able to choose from a selection of chocolates to the value of $30.
- 500 gram bag of coffee from a.k.a Coffee
- The winner will receive 1 (one) 500 gram bag of ‘Honra’ blend coffee beans.
- This prize must be picked up from Rydalmere.