This September, a magnificent show for young audiences is coming to Riverside Theatres – Hilary Bell’s modern language adaptation of Shakespeare’s play, Take Two: A Comedy of Errors.
Bell was commissioned by the National Theatre Of Parramatta to rework a Shakespeare play for primary school kids. She chose A Comedy of Errors– ‘the shortest and funniest’ of Shakespeare’s comedies. Her aim in adapting A Comedy of Errors was to playfully introduce kids to Shakespeare’s work and delight them with the simple but magical craft of theatre.
Shakespeare’s farcical tale of mistaken identity and disparate families is especially timely now. And this playful adaptation gives young audiences easy access to its plot, characters, language and themes.
- Suitable for kids 7yrs+ and their families
- General Public Performances: Friday 13th September at 6:30pm and Saturday 14th September at 2:30pm and 6:30pm
- Schools Performances: Wednesday 11th September at 10:15am, Thursday 12th September at 10:15am and 12:30pm, and Friday 13 September at 11am
- Tickets (member/ non-member): $32/39 adult ticket; $21/23 child ticket; $88/$96 family pass (4 tickets)
To celebrate Take Two: Comedy of Errors at Riverside Theatres, we’re giving away 2 family passes, valued at $96 each, to the performance on Saturday 14th September at 2:30pm.
How to Enter
For your chance to win, simply tell us how many twins are in this tale? To enter, like and comment on our Take Two: Comedy of Errors post on Facebook between 8pm Sunday 25th August and 8pm Friday 30th August 2019.
For more info and to book tickets, visit Riverside Theatres.
About Take Two: Comedy of Errors
“Kids can find Shakespeare very intimidating. This show throws a lifeline and makes Shakespeare more accessible and enjoyable.” ~ Hilary Bell
Antipholus and his servant Dromio arrive in Ephesus searching for their long-lost twin brothers – who also happen to be called Antipholus and Dromio. Meanwhile, Egeon has come looking for his sons and been locked up by the Duke. Throw in a jealous wife, her bratty sister, a nun, a courtesan, an exorcist, a celebrity jeweller, singing, dancing and magic tricks, and it’s a recipe for comedy chaos!
Internationally-renowned director, Stefo Nantsou, leads a diverse and versatile cast of five performers who play all 13 parts in Bell’s wonderful version of one of Shakespeare’s most loved comedies. The cast includes Libby Asciak (TV’s The Secret Daughter and Here Come the Habibs), Gabriel Fancourt (Darlinghurst Theatre Company’s The Hypochondriac, Sport for Jove’s The Tempest), Bilal Hafda (Story Factory), Mansoor Noor (ABC’s Rake and Cleverman), and Lindy Sardelic (TV’s Water Rats and Circle Music).
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to people who like the ParraParents Take Two: Comedy of Errors post, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person will be accepted.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘how many twins are in this tale?’ on the ParraParents Facebook page.
- All entries will be judged by ParraParents team members – Kellie Darley and Mel Pazin. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 8PM SUNDAY 25TH AUGUST 2019 and ends 8PM FRIDAY 30TH AUGUST 2019. All entries must be posted by 8PM FRIDAY 30TH AUGUST 2019 via the ParraParrents Facebook page.
- The winners will be announced on the ParraParents website and Facebook page by MONDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER 2019.
- The winners will be contacted by TUESDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER 2019.
- There is two prizes to be won – each a family pass (4 tickets) to Take Two: Comedy of Errors on Saturday 14th September at 2:30pm (valued at $96) at Riverside Theatres.
- The winner must collect the tickets from Riverside Theatres just PRIOR to the show.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive their prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges.