The award-winning team behind The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo’s Child are flying into the brand-new Sydney Coliseum Theatre for the April school holidays, with a stage adaption of the much-loved picture book by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler – Room on the Broom.
The witch and her cat are flying happily on their broomstick – until a stormy wind blows away the witch’s hat, bow and wand. A helpful dog, bird and frog find the witch’s lost things and they all hop on the broom for a ride. But this broomstick is not meant for five and – CRACK – the broom snaps in two. When a hungry dragon appears, who will save the poor witch? And will there ever be room on the broom for everyone?
Room on the Broom brings together physical theatre, music and beautiful puppetry to this much-loved story about friendship, sharing and working together for families of young children.
- Suitable for kids 3-8yrs and their families
- Performances at Sydney Coliseum from 19th to 24th April at 10:30am, 1pm and 3:30pm.
- Show length is about 55mins (no interval)
- Tickets: $39 per person; $99.60 family of 4; $124.50 family of 5; $149.40 family of 6;$174.30 family of 7
To celebrate Room on the Broom flying into the Sydney Coliseum Theatre these April school holidays, we’re giving away two family passes (4 tickets each), valued at $99.60, to the show on Sunday 19th April at 10:30am.
How to Enter
For your chance to win, simply name two characters from Room on the Broom who asked the witch for a ride on the broom. To enter, like and comment on our Room on the Broom Post on Facebook between 7:30pm Monday 9th March and 7:30pm Friday 13th March 2020.
For more info and to book tickets, visit the Sydney Coliseum.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to people who like the ParraParents Room on the Broom post, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person will be accepted.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘name two characters from Room on the Broom who ask the witch for a ride on her broom? on the ParraParents Facebook page.
- All entries will be judged by ParraParents team members – Kellie Darley and Mel Pazin. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 7:30PM MONDAY 9TH MARCH 2020 and ends 7:30PM FRIDAY 13TH MARCH 2020. All entries must be posted by 7:30PM FRIDAY 13TH MARCH 2020 via the ParraParrents Facebook page.
- The winners will be announced on the ParraParents website and Facebook page on MONDAY 16TH MARCH 2020.
- The winner will be contacted by TUESDAY 17TH MARCH 2020.
- There are TWO prizes to be won – each prize is a family pass (4 tickets) to Room on the Broom on Sunday 19th April at 10:30am (valued at $99.60) at the Sydney Coliseum, West HQ.
- The winner tickets will need to provide their email address and e-tickets will be sent to them before the show.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive their prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges.
- In the event that there are less than 10 entries received, ParraParents reserves the right to extend the competition period.