Collate your grievances, tally up your first world injustices and join James Valentine at his hilarious live show, Afternoons Tonight! Back by popular demand, James is bringing the best of his Afternoon radio program to the Riverside Theatres on Saturday 27th May.
No one looks at the world quite like James Valentine, and this interactive show will have you laughing, arguing and possibly stacking a dishwasher. Expect live versions of his popular segments This is What I Live With, Ex, The New Normal, Petty Crime Stoppers, and who knows, maybe he’ll even attempt, Nothing!
To celebrate James Valentine returning to Riverside Theatres, we are giving away two double passes to his Afternoon Tonight! show on Saturday 26th May, valued at $110 each.
How to Enter
For your chance to win, simply tell us two of James Valentines popular segments on his afternoon ABC Radio Sydney show. To enter, like and comment on our James Valentine post on Facebook between 7:30pm 21st May and 9pm 23rd May 2018.
About Afternoons Tonight! with James Valentine
No one looks at the world quite like James Valentine. And just when you think it can’t get any better, it does. Afternoons Tonight! is a fantastically funny and interactive night at the theatre. And a great insight into how this radio show really works! You’ll laugh, you’ll crack up and you’ll have something to talk about all weekend!
Special guest H.G. Nelson will also join James for an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Even Greater Sydney Planning Committee. H.G. and James have for some time been focused on all issues of Sydney Planning, be that moving the Powerhouse, fixing the West Connex or seeing the vision of an Aerotropolis rise at Badgery’s Creek. Visionary, imaginative and hilarious, James and H.G. bring energy and insight to Sydney’s planning issues following their principles of Gambling is Good, Congestion is Value and Heritage is Constraint. This meeting will focus on Parramatta and all that’s happening in the Central City. Move over Gladys and Lucy, H.G. and James have got this!
James Valentine is one of Australia’s most loved radio presenters and in a long and eclectic career has worked as a journalist, author, television host and musician. A saxophonist, he has performed with many acclaimed acts including: Jo Jo Zep, Models and Absent Friends. James also hosts the ABC Podcast Head Room which expands on musings and questions posed during James’ Afternoons radio show from 2pm to 4pm weekdays on ABC Radio Sydney.
For more info and to book tickets, visit Riverside Theatres.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to people who like the ParraParents James Valentine post, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person will be accepted.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘what are two of James Valentines popular segments on his afternoon ABC Radio Sydney show?’ on the ParraParents Facebook page.
- All entries will be judged by the administrators of the ParraParents website – Kellie Darley and Melissa Towers. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 7:30PM MONDAY 21ST MAY 2018 and ends 9PM WEDNESDAY 23RD MAY 2018. All entries must be posted by 9pm WEDNESDAY 23RD MAY via the ParraParrents Facebook page.
- The winners will be announced on the ParraParents website and Facebook page on THURSDAY 24TH MAY 2018.
- The winners will be contacted by THURSDAY 24TH MAY 2018.
- There are two prizes to be won. Each prize has two tickets to Afternoon Tonight! with James Valentine on Saturday 26th May at 7:30pm, valued at $110.
- The winners must collect the tickets from Riverside Theatres.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive the prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges.