Based on Oscar Wilde’s best loved tales, including The Happy Prince and The Nightingale and the Rose, the spectacular Wilde Creatures show features original live music, imaginative storytelling and a generous dash of comedy.
“A raggle-taggle bunch of storytellers recount vivid tales of spoilt brats, lovelorn students and a selfless statue in this jaunty, thoughtful family show.” The Guardian
Take a walk on the ‘wilde’ side these July school holidays! Thanks to Riverside Theatres, we are giving away two double passes to Wilde Creatures on Saturday 21st July at 11:30am, valued at $55 each.
How to Enter
For your chance to win, simply tell us your favourite Oscar Wilde fairy tale. To enter, like and comment on our Wilde Creatures post on Facebook between 8pm Friday 22nd June and 8pm Monday 25th June 2018.
About Wilde Creatures
The multi award-winning theatre company, Tall Stories, who brought us The Gruffalo return with this exciting new musical direct from London’s West End.
During the hour long Wilde Creatures, the fairy tales of Oscar Wilde are brought to life on stage. The Wilde Creatures of the show are a band of storytelling musicians, including a spoilt brat of a princess in The Infanta’s Birthday, a rich miller who exploits a poor gardener in The Devoted Friend, and a student who knows everything but understands nothing of love in The Nightingale and the Rose.
Join the live band as they try to choose a new statue for the town square. Will it be the pompous Mayor, the haughty Princess or the lovesick Student?.
Wilde Creatures is suitable for kids 5yrs+ and their families.
Dates and Times:
- Thursday 19th July at 10:30am
- Friday 20th July at 10:30am
- Saturday 21st July at 11:30am and 1:30pm
For more info and to book tickets, visit Riverside Theatres.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to people who like the ParraParents Wilde Creatures post, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person will be accepted.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘what is your favourite Oscar Wilde fairy tale?’ on the ParraParents Facebook page.
- All entries will be judged by the administrators of the ParraParents website – Kellie Darley and Melissa Towers. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 8PM FRIDAY 22ND JUNE 2018 and ends 8PM MONDAY 25TH JUNE 2018. All entries must be posted by 8PM MONDAY 25TH JUNE via the ParraParrents Facebook page.
- The winners will be announced on the ParraParents website and Facebook page on TUESDAY 26TH JUNE 2018.
- The winners will be contacted by THURSDAY 28TH MAY 2018.
- There are two prizes to be won. Each prize is a double pass (1 child and 1 adult tickets) to Wilde Creatures on Saturday 21st July at 11:30am, valued at $55.
- The winners must collect the tickets from Riverside Theatres just PRIOR to the show.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive the prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges.