Happy to announce the winners of this giveaway are Carly Newman (family pass) and Rebecca O’Hearn (‘date night’ pass). Thank you to everyone else for your entries! We really enjoyed reading your excitement for Winterlight starting this Friday.
Families can enjoy one of Sydney’s biggest winter festivals right at Parramatta over 17 fun-filled days. There are lots of family-friendly activities, including the largest open-air rink in Sydney, a dedicated kid’s rink, an elevated ice slide, illuminated Ferris wheel, free children’s activities, amusement rides, delicious gourmet food and live music at the Winter Village.
To celebrate Winterlight returning to Parramatta, we’re giving away one family pass (2 adults + 2 kids ice skating tickets) and one ‘date night’ pass (2 adults ice skating tickets + 2 food and drink vouchers), thanks to City of Parramatta Council.
How to Enter
For your chance to win, simply tell us what you are most looking forward to at Winterlight. To enter, like and comment on our Winterlight post on Facebook between 8pm Friday 29th June and 8pm Monday 2nd July 2018.
With 10 different types of activities at Winterlight, there is bound to be one or four that will add some magic to your winters day! From gliding onto an ice rink, twirling on the Ferris wheel and getting crafty at one of the many free workshops, to spinning on amusement rides, being entertained by roving performers, enjoying live music and warming up with some yummy food.
Dates and Times:
Winterlight runs from 6th to 22nd July at Prince Alfred Square in Parramatta.
- Opening night: Friday 6th July from 3pm for school kids/ families and from 5pm for everyone.
- Normal opening hours: Monday to Thursday from 11am to 10pm; Friday to Sunday from 10am to 11pm.
For more information, read our Ultimate Winterlight Family Guide.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to people who like the ParraParents Winterlight post, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person will be accepted.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘what are you most looking forward to at Winterlight?’ on the ParraParents Facebook page.
- All entries will be judged by the administrators of the ParraParents website – Kellie Darley and Melissa Towers. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 8PM FRIDAY 29TH JUNE 2018 and ends 8PM MONDAY 2ND JULY 2018. All entries must be posted by 8PM MONDAY 2ND JULY via the ParraParrents Facebook page.
- The winners will be announced on the ParraParents website and Facebook page on TUESDAY 3RD JULY 2018.
- The winners will be contacted by WEDNESDAY 4TH JULY 2018.
- There are two prizes to be won and they can be used anytime during Winterlight from 6th to 22nd July. One prize is a family pass to Winterlight with 2 adult and 2 children’s ice skating tickets, valued at $65. The other prize is a ‘date night’ pass with 2 adult ice skating tickets and 2 food and drink vouchers, valued at $78.
- The winners will be sent their prizes.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive the prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges.