29 Mid Dural Rd
Galston NSW 2159
The Galston Valley Railway is open to the public on the second Sunday of every month. Come along and enjoy a train ride with the kids, or just watch the trains go by! You can also watch the trains on the model railway.
- Gates open at 9:30 – rides from 10 am to 3 pm (but they may finish earlier if there are very few people left or the weather turns bad).
- Trains run continually throughout the day. They generally have a mix of steam and “diesel” (i.e. petrol or electric) locomotives.
- Wet weather? Our running day will only be cancelled if there is steady rain at Galston in the morning. We will usually run if the weather is showery. A decision will be made by about 9:30 am. If you want to get the latest information on the day, please call us on 9653 1630 after 9:30 am.
- Hot weather. Our running day will also be cancelled if the forecast (for Parramatta) indicates that the day will be 40 °C or more.
Please note that in the event of a Total Fire Ban, the DIY BBQs will be unavailable and only “diesel” locomotives will be running (no steam). However, the sausage sandwich stall will still be open.
Here are the public running days for the next 12 months:
- December 8th 2019
- January 12th 2020
- February 9th 2020
- March 8th 2020
- April 12th 2020
- May 10th 2020
- June 14th 2020
- July 12th 2020
- August 9th 2020
- September 13th 2020
- October 11th 2020
- November 8th 2020
On Public Running Days, there are:
- Picnic tables (sorry – no bookings taken, gates open at 9:30am)
- Sausage Sandwich Stall between 12 noon and 1:30pm
- DIY barbeques – these are wood fired (wood supplied) but please bring your own matches, firelighters and BBQ tools etc. The DIY barbeques will be unavailable if there is a total fire ban
- Tap water is available throughout the picnic areas
- Canteen selling tea & coffeee, cold drinks, ice creams & lollies
- Display of small stationary models
- Garden gauge model railway display
- Miniature Traction Engine rides (on some days)
- Male & female toilets (sorry – no disabled facility)
Please note that our site has steps – if you bring a pram or stroller it will be necessary to carry it up & down steps.
- Site entry for adults is $10 (sorry, no concessions), and this includes on train ride.
- Site entry for accompanied children is free
- Rides are $2.50 per person (any age*)
- There are now EFTPOS facilities for entry and ride tickets.
Please note that rides for toddlers are available only if the child is old enough to sit on a seat, self supported. Babes in arms cannot be carried on trains.
Safety and Sensibility
All train passengers must wear fully enclosed footwear – not sandals or thongs! Please don’t be disappointed! Appropriate footwear reduces the risk of injury! We suggest you wear older clothes when visiting us. We cannot be responsible for damage to clothing or personal property caused when visiting our bushland venue and / or riding on trains.