The Transport Heritage Expo brings Sydney’s transport history to life right in the heart of the city. Take a ride back in time on a heritage train, bus or boat, visit Mortuary Station, enjoy historic dining car experiences, climb into the driver’s cab of a steam locomotive and more!
Don’t miss this fantastic and nostalgic long weekend event for families and transport enthusiasts alike! Book your tickets online at: www.transportheritageexpo.com
Posted by Transport Heritage NSW on Sunday, 12 May 2019
- The great train race (SOLD OUT)
- Steam train rides: Take a steam train ride aboard a NSW railways heritage carriage from the 1930s hauled by steam locomotive 3642 from Central to Hurstville and return. From $20
- Vintage electric trains: Ride on board Sydney’s vintage electric set ‘F1’. This three-car train is part of 833 single-deck steel carriages that once formed the backbone of the Sydney suburban fleet from 1926 until the early 1990s. Three shuttles will operate each day. The 10.10am and 12.30pm shuttles will travel from Central Station to Erskineville and return via the City Circle. The 2.30pm shuttle will operate to East Hills and return.
- Vintage bus rides: The Sydney Bus Museum will be operating a fleet of vintage double-decker buses for a free 20-minute round trip of the Sydney CBD. Departs daily from Eddy Avenue every 5 to 10mins from 10am – 4pm.
- Steam boats: Heritage steam boat Lady Hopetoun is joining the action this year. Catch a vintage bus from Central Station to Darling Harbour and enjoy a stunning ride on 117-year-old Lady Hopetoun.