We are in search of fantastic cafe’s near the area that are child friendly. Today, we thought we’d give Maples Cafe in Putney a go.
Atmosphere at Maples Cafe – Putney
Clean, modern and hip are three words that spring to mind when describing the overall aesthetics of this cafe. A display of pre-made food sits in the display with 3 lovely pendant lights overhead.
The atmosphere inside is nice and warm and has a good vibe. You can sit inside or outside and can get a pram in quite easily.
How does Maples cafe stack up for kids?
Points for having a kids menu! We got our toddler some melted cheese fingers which she demolished. Not sure if it is the healthiest menu but it definitely has a lot to choose from.
Here is a look at the kids menu.
Maples Cafe – Kids Menu
- Egg on toast, scrambled or fried – $8.90
- Baked beans and melted cheese on toast – $7.90
- Melted cheese fingers – $7.90
- Sausage and egg wrap – $8.90
- Pancakes with maple syrup and whipped cream – $8.90
- Cheeseburger and chips (beef pattie, cheese and special sauce) – $9.90
- Chicken nuggets with chips and sauce – $8.90
- Fish ‘n chips – $8.90
- Steak house chips – $6.90
- Penne pasta in pink sauce – $8/90
- Babycino with Marshmallow – $1.50
- Milkshake (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, banana, lime, caramel) – $3.00
- Juice – $3.50
- Hot chocolate – $3.50
- Ice cream , 1 scoop – $3.50
- Ice cream, 2 scoops – $4.50
- Ice cream, 3 scoops – $5.50
A review of Maples cafe for the grown ups
10 points for the coffee. They use Campos coffee which I quite like and apparently so do the locals. There was a line out the door for some take away coffee. They must be known for it.
There was quite a lot on the menu and they have something for everyone, from the classics to their own middle eastern specials
I loved my breakfast. I was hungry when I arrived which is the only reason I could finish it. The serving was quite large. I had mushrooms, haloumi cheese, soy and linseed toast, poached eggs, spinach and baked beans.
4/90 Charles Street, Putney NSW 2112
Phone: (02) 9808 5050