The rise of clubs and hotels with play areas is a fantastic thing for families. The fact that kids can happily play while mum and dad enjoy their dinner and a drink in peace = WINNING!
Here’s a list of over 40 Clubs and Hotels in and around the City of Parramatta that have a kids play area. The newest ones are at Marayong Hotel, Ettamogah Hotel, FC Social, Liverpool Catholic Club (one of the biggest and best indoor play areas) and Club Parramatta (conveniently located next to Parramatta Park).
For each club/ hotel, we have listed the times you can access the play areas, which are usually when the bistro/ restaurant is open. In time, we will provide more information and photos of each one.
NOTE: due to covid, some opening times may have changed and it’s HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you pre-book. All but one of the play areas are open (that we’ve found).
Indoor Play Areas (listed alphabetically)
There are 23 local clubs and hotels that have a play area for kids inside. So perfect on a cold, wet or smoky day! [Or jump down to clubs and hotels with outdoor play areas for when the weather is warm and clear.] The two newest ones opened late 2020 and used to be outdoor play areas – Marayong Hotel and Ettamogah Hotel.
1Australian Hotel and Brewery | Rouse Hill
- Open 10am daily | Address: 350 Annangrove Road Rouse Hill | Little Eats Review | Website | Facebook |
The indoor Hop’s Playland has two sections. One for little ones with a small slide and climbing play gym. And the other is a larger climbing play gym.
2Blacktown Bowling Club [CLOSED] | Blacktown
- Open from Wednesday to Sunday 11am to 8pm/10pm | Address: Lismore St, Blacktown | ParraParents Review | Website | Facebook |
There’s a three-level, indoor playground structure with an “Under The Sea” theme. It’s at the Terrazzo Verdi Restaurant and Cafe and there’s loads of free parking, easy pram/wheelchair access and convenient baby changing facilities.
3Club Five Dock RSL | Five Dock
- Open from 9am weekdays and 10am weekends | Address: 66 Great North Road, Five Dock | Website | Facebook | Little Eats Review |
Kids eat free on Friday evenings and Sunday lunch and dinner.
4Dooleys Waterview | Silverwater
5Dundas Sports and Recreation Club | Dundas
6Ettamogah Hotel | Kellyville
- Open 10am weekdays and 8am weekends | Address: Cnr Merriville & Windsor Rds, Kellyville Ridge | Website | Little Munch Review |
New kids play area and arcade. It’s free entry with every kids meal, otherwise it costs $5. Due to covid restrictions, each play session is 45mins (and then it’s cleaned).
7Granville Diggers | Granville
Kids eat free every Friday and Saturday.
8Hotel Pennant Hills | Pennant Hills
- Open 10am daily | Address: 344-352 Pennant Hills Rd, Pennant Hills | Website | Facebook | ParraParents Review |
There’s free kids entertainment every Sunday 1pm to 3pm.
9Hotel Seven Hills | Seven Hills
- Open Monday to Saturday 11:30am to 3pm, 5pm to 9:30pm and Sunday 11:30am to 8pm | Address: 222 Prospects Highway, Seven Hills | Website | Facebook | ParraParents Review |
The fab indoor play area is perfect for kids 3-8yrs.
10Kings Park Tavern | Kings Park
Kids eat free on Sunday until 6pm. And there’s a $9.90 kids meal deal everyday.
11Liverpool Catholic Club – The Laneway | Prestons
- Open daily from 8am til late | Address: 424 – 458 Hoxton Park Road, Prestons | Website | Facebook | ParraParents Review |
The indoor play area at The Laneway in the Liverpool Catholic Club would have to be one of the best at a Club in Western Sydney! And perfect for young climbers. Keep in mind that it’s a members only club – a one year membership is $7.
12Marayong Hotel | Marayong
Marayong Hotel have a lovely new kids play area, which opened August 2020.
13Merrylands RSL Club | Merrylands
- Sage 2160 is open Monday to Saturday for lunch from 11am to 2:30pm and dinner from 5:30pm to 8:30pm/ 9pm | Address: 14 Military Road Merrylands | Website | Facebook |
The play area has three spaces. A room for under 5s with a small slide, tv and foam shapes. Another room for 6-10yr olds with a climbing play gym. Plus arcade games in front of the play rooms.
14North Ryde RSL | North Ryde
- Bistro is open daily for lunch from 12pm to 3pm/4pm and dinner 5:30pm to 8:30pm/9pm | Address: Pittwater Rd & Magdala Rd, North Ryde | Website | Facebook | Little Eats Review |
Tribal Zone, the kids play area, is open Wednesday to Sunday from 11:30am to 8:30pm. Entry is $6 per child for 2hrs and includes them being supervised.
15Pennant Hills Bowling Club | Pennant Hills
16Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club | West Ryde
There are two small play areas – one with a climbing play gym and slide and the other with a tv. There is also a great big fish tank in reception that the kids will love.
17Smithfield RSL | Smithfield
The bistro Table 2164 has a kids play area that opened late 2018.
18The Birkenhead Hotel | Drummoyne
- Open 11am Monday to Saturday and 12pm on Sunday | Address: 206 Lyons Road, Drummoyne | Website | Facebook |
The bistro at Birkenhead Hotel has an enclosed play area (behind clear walls), with a climbing play gym and slide. Plus, there’s a large bucket duplo blocks and other toys to keep little ones occupied.
Kids eat for free on Mondays – buy one main meal and get one free kids meal.
19The Hills Club | Baulkham Hills
- Open 9:30am on weekdays and 8:30am on weekends | Address: 6-18 Jenner St, Baulkham Hills | Website | Facebook |
The Hills Club opened their improved kids games room in February 2019. It has 3 X-Boxes, and 2 giant touch gaming tablets, plus toys and space for the kids to play.
20Vikings Sports Club | Dundas Valley
Kids have their very own Little Vikings area next to the bistro. It’s one of a few clubs with a play area suitable for toddlers – just go early for dinner when there are less older kids around. Kids eat free on Monday and Tuesday nights.
21Wenty Leagues | Wentworthville
The BIG new kids play area finally opened in February 2019 after about a year of renovations at Wenty Leagues. It’s about 3 times the size of the old one, has two party rooms and large parents room next door.
22West Pennant Hills Sports Club | West Pennant Hills
23Wests Ashfield Leagues Club | Ashfield
- Open for lunch 11:30/12pm to 2:30pm/3pm and dinner 6pm to 9pm/10pm on weekdays and weekends | Address: 115 Liverpool Road, Ashfield | Website | Facebook | ParraParents Review |
The Garden is one of three dining options at Wests Ashfield Leagues Club. Inside this garden style restaurant, there is a play area with a chalk board, building blocks, connect four, table soccer, chess and various other activities to keep the kids busy. So not your traditional climbing play gym.
Kids eat free Monday to Wednesday for dinner with an adult meal over $17/$19.
Outdoor Play Areas (listed alphabetically)
There are 20 local clubs and hotels that have a play area for kids outside. Most have shade sails or are under a cover. And lovely spots to enjoy lunch on a warm day and dinner during day light savings. [Or jump up to clubs and hotels with indoor play areas.]
24Baulkham Hills Sports Club | Baulkham Hills
25Briars Sports Club, The Backyard | Concord
Get any one kids meal and gelato for $2 with any one adult main meal purchased on Tuesdays and Sunday.
26Castle Hill RSL | Castle Hill
One free kids meal with every adult main meal purchased (minimum spend $17 for members and $19 for visitors) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
27Club Parramatta | Parramatta
- Open daily from 10am | Address: 2 Macquarie St, Parramatta | Website |
Club Parramatta opened early 2020 and was built on the old bowling greens of Parramatta RSL (which has now also been demolished). There’s an outdoor kids play area and kids eat for free Monday to Wednesday (conditions apply).
28Crown McCredie | Guildford West
The outdoor, covered playground can be seen from a lot of seating inside and out. There’s a jumping castle, rocket ship, rock climbing wall, small climbing play gym and spinning disc. And kids eat free on Saturday evening.
29FC Social | Rydalmere
- Open 9am to 11pm on weekdays and 7:30am to 11pm on weekends (bistro from 11am daily) | Address: 6 Park Road, Rydalmere | Website |
Every Wednesday from 5pm to 7pm, you get one FREE kids meal per adult meal purchased, for kids under 12 yrs.
30Galston Club | Galston
- Open daily from 12pm to 2:30pm and then 6pm to 9pm | Address: 21 – 25 Arcadia Road, Galston | Website |
Get a FREE kids meal with every main meal purchased on Sundays.
31Glenorie RSL Club | Glenorie
32Gladesville Sporties | Gladesville
33Greystanes Hotel | Greystanes
They have a little and big kids menu. Plus a flying fox and lots of other fun play equipment.
34Guildford Bowling Club | Guildford
FREE kids meals available with any adult meal purchased over $15 on Sundays.
35Guildford Rugby League Football & Recreation Club | Guildford
Kids play area is currently closed due to covid.
36Marsden Brewhouse | Marsden Park
- Open 11am to 9pm daily | Address: Corner of Hawthorne Avenue, Richmond Rd, Marsden Park | Website | ParraParents Review |
Kids meals $10.
37NBC Sports Club | Northmead
The kids backyard at NBC Sports Club was once a bowling green. There’s a very large jumping castle for older kids (weekends and school holidays) as well as cubby houses and climbing play gyms for little ones under a shade cloth. Plus there’s a large jumping pillow and grass to run around on. The play area is within sight of seating and near the Bistro.
Kids eat free deal is on Tuesday evenings. Purchase one main adult meal and receive one child’s meal for free.
38Panania Diggers | Panania
39Plumpton Hotel | Glendenning
40Putney Bowlo | Putney
41Quakers Inn | Quakers Hills
42The Ranch Hotel | North Ryde
43Wentworth Hotel | Homebush West
- Open 10am Monday to Friday, 9am Saturday and Sunday | Address: 195 Parramatta Road, Homebush West | Website |
The play area is enclosed and the equipment is best suited to kids 4yrs+.
Activities at Local Clubs
Due to covid, most events are still on hold. You can though head to our Facebook page for a listing of the few events taking place.