The rise of clubs and hotels with play areas is a fantastic thing for families. The fact that kids can happily play while mum and dad enjoy their dinner and a drink in peace = WINNING!
Here’s a list of 40 Clubs and Hotels in and around the City of Parramatta that have a kids play area. The two newest ones are at Liverpool Catholic Club (one of the biggest and best indoor play areas) and Club Parramatta (conveniently located next to Parramatta Park).
For each club/ hotel, we have listed the times you can access the play areas, which are usually when the bistro/ restaurant is open. In time, we will provide more information and photos of each one. And at the bottom, is a calendar listing of some of the kids activities taking place at the clubs/ hotels.
Indoor Play Areas (listed alphabetically)
There are 20 local clubs and hotels that have a play area for kids inside. So perfect on a cold, wet or smoky day! [Or jump down to clubs and hotels with outdoor play areas for when the weather is warm and clear.]
1Australian Hotel and Brewery | Rouse Hill
The indoor Hop’s Playland has two sections. One for little ones with a small slide and climbing play gym. And the other is a larger climbing play gym. Every Sunday from 12pm to 2pm there’s a children’s entertainer. With a brand new character each week providing free face painting and games for kids.
2Blacktown Bowling Club | Blacktown
- Open from Wednesday to Sunday 11am to 8pm/10pm | Address: Lismore St, Blacktown | Website | ParraParents Review |
In 2017, Blacktown Bowling Club completed a $2m renovation and there’s now a three-level, indoor playground structure with an “Under The Sea” theme. It’s at the Terrazzo Verdi Restaurant and Cafe and there’s loads of free parking, easy pram/wheelchair access and convenient baby changing facilities.
3Club Five Dock RSL | Five Dock
- Open from 9am weekdays and 10am weekends | Address: 66 Great North Road, Five Dock | Website | Little Eats Review |
Kids eat free on Monday evenings.
4Dooleys Waterview | Silverwater
5Dundas Sports and Recreation Club | Dundas
6Granville Diggers | Granville
Kids eat free every Thursday night. The play area is currently being renovated.
7Hotel Pennant Hills | Pennant Hills
- Open 10am daily | Address: 344-352 Pennant Hills Rd, Pennant Hills | Website | ParraParents Review |
The renovated play area opened in 2017. There’s free kids entertainment every Sunday 1pm to 3pm.
8Hotel Seven Hills | Seven Hills
- Open Monday to Saturday 11:30am to 3pm, 5pm to 9:30pm and Sunday 11:30am to 8pm | Address: 222 Prospects Highway, Seven Hills | Website | ParraParents Review |
The fab indoor play area is perfect for kids 3-8yrs.
9Kings Park Tavern | Kings Park
Kids eat free on Sunday until 6pm. And there’s a $9.90 kids meal deal everyday.
10Liverpool Catholic Club – NEW The Laneway | Prestons
- Open daily from 8am til late | Address: 424 – 458 Hoxton Park Road, Prestons | Website | Facebook | ParraParents Review |
The new indoor play area at The Laneway in the Liverpool Catholic Club would have to be one of the best at a Club in Western Sydney! And perfect for young climbers. Keep in mind that it’s a members only club – a one year membership is $7.
11Merrylands RSL Club | Merrylands
- Sage 2160 is open Monday to Saturday for lunch from 11am to 2:30pm and dinner from 5:30pm to 8:30pm/ 9pm | Address: 14 Military Road Merrylands | Website |
The play area has three spaces. A room for under 5s with a small slide, tv and foam shapes. Another room for 6-10yr olds with a climbing play gym. Plus arcade games in front of the play rooms.
12North Ryde RSL | North Ryde
- Bistro is open daily for lunch from 12pm to 3pm/4pm and dinner 5:30pm to 8:30pm/9pm | Address: Pittwater Rd & Magdala Rd, North Ryde | Website | Little Eats Review |
Tribal Zone, the kids play area, is open Monday-Tuesday 5:30pm to 9:30pm and then Wednesday to Sunday from 11am to 9:30pm. During school holidays it’s open daily from 10:30am to 9:30pm. Entry is $6 per child for 2hrs and includes them being supervised.
13Pennant Hills Bowling Club | Pennant Hills
Kids eat free on Monday and Tuesday nights. And there are $11 lunch specials, which would be good for a mothers group catch up.
14Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club | West Ryde
There are two small play areas – one with a climbing play gym and slide and the other with a tv. There is also a great big fish tank in reception that the kids will love.
15Smithfield RSL | Smithfield
The bistro Table 2164 has a kids play area that opened late 2018.
16The Birkenhead Hotel | Drummoyne
- Open 11am Monday to Saturday and 12pm on Sunday | Address: 206 Lyons Road, Drummoyne | Website |
The bistro at Birkenhead Hotel has an enclosed play area (behind clear walls), with a climbing play gym and slide. Plus, there’s a large bucket duplo blocks and other toys to keep little ones occupied.
17The Hills Club | Baulkham Hills
- Open 9:30am on weekdays and 8:30am on weekends | Address: 6-18 Jenner St, Baulkham Hills | Website |
The Hills Club opened their improved kids games room in February 2019. It has 3 X-Boxes, and 2 giant touch gaming tablets, plus toys and space for the kids to play. And kids eat FREE on Sunday’s.
18Vikings Sports Club | Dundas Valley
Kids have their very own Little Vikings area next to the bistro. It’s one of a few clubs with a play area suitable for toddlers – just go early for dinner when there are less older kids around. Kids eat free on Monday and Tuesday nights.
19Wenty Leagues | Wentworthville
The BIG new kids play area finally opened in February 2019 after about a year of renovations at Wenty Leagues. It’s about 3 times the size of the old one, has two party rooms and large parents room next door. And there’s still free kids entertainment every Tuesday from 9:30am to 11:30am.
20West Pennant Hills Sports Club | West Pennant Hills
- Open 12pm to 9:30pm seven days a week | Address: 103 New Line Rd, West Pennant Hills| Website | ParraParents Review |
Children 12 and under eat free from the Kids’ menu with a paying adult on Tuesday nights.
21Wests Ashfield Leagues Club | Ashfield
- Open for lunch 11:30/12pm to 2:30pm/3pm and dinner 6pm to 9pm/10pm on weekdays and weekends | Address: 115 Liverpool Road, Ashfield | Website | ParraParents Review |
The Garden is one of three dining options at Wests Ashfield Leagues Club. Inside this garden style restaurant, there is a play area with a chalk board, building blocks, connect four, table soccer, chess and various other activities to keep the kids busy. So not your traditional climbing play gym. There is free kids entertainment every Tuesday night.
Outdoor Play Areas (listed alphabetically)
There are 20 local clubs and hotels that have a play area for kids outside. Most have shade sails or are under a cover. And lovely spots to enjoy lunch on a warm day and dinner during day light savings. [Or jump up to clubs and hotels with indoor play areas.]
22Baulkham Hills Sports Club | Baulkham Hills
23Brewhouse Marayong | Marayong
Kids eat free on Sundays and there is a kids entertainer every Sunday from 1pm to 3pm. Keep in mind that the kids play area closed in August 2019 for renovations, but should be open early in 2020.
24Briars Sports Club, The Backyard | Concord
25Castle Hill RSL | Castle Hill
There’s weekly fun and entertainment for kids every Tuesday from 11am to 2pm in the Courtyard. And all kids meals in the Courtyard Restaurant come with an ice cream and activity pack. Kids eat for free on Monday and Tuesday evenings.
26Club Parramatta – NEW | Parramatta
- Open daily from 10am | Address: 2 Macquarie St, Parramatta | Website |
Club Parramatta opened on 24th January 2020 and was built on the old bowling greens of Parramatta RSL (which will soon be demolished). There is an outdoor kids play area and kids eat for free on Sunday to Tuesday (conditions apply).
27Crown McCredie | Guildford West
All coffees are just $1 before 12pm everyday. The outdoor, covered playground can be seen from a lot of seating inside and out. There’s a jumping castle, rocket ship, rock climbing wall, small climbing play gym and spinning disc. Plus, a kids entertainer on Saturday and Sundays from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. And kids eat free on Saturday evening.
28Ettamogah Hotel [Play Area CLOSED – Being Upgraded] | Kellyville
- Open 10am weekdays and 8am weekends | Address: Cnr Merriville & Windsor Rds, Kellyville Ridge | Website | Little Munch Review |
NOTE: the play area is closed for renovations.
29Galston Club | Galston
- Open daily from 12pm to 2:30pm and then 6pm to 9pm | Address: 21 – 25 Arcadia Road, Galston | Website |
Get a FREE kids meal with every main meal purchased on Sunday nights.
30Glenorie RSL Club | Glenorie
31Gladesville Sporties | Gladesville
32Greystanes Hotel | Greystanes
They have a little and big kids menu. Plus a flying fox and lots of other fun play equipment.
33Guildford Bowling Club | Guildford
There is free kids entertainment every Sunday from 12pm. And there’s a FREE kids meals available with any meal purchased over $15. Plus kids will receive a free glass of soft drink and activity bag.
34Guildford Rugby League Football & Recreation Club | Guildford
Puchase an adults meal and you’ll get a FREE kids meal on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, includes an ice cream.
35Marsden Brewhouse | Marsden Park
- Open 11am to 9pm daily | Address: Corner of Hawthorne Avenue, Richmond Rd, Marsden Park | Website | ParraParents Review |
Kids meals $12.
36NBC Sports Club | Northmead
The kids backyard at NBC Sports Club was once a bowling green. There’s a very large jumping castle for older kids (weekends and school holidays) as well as cubby houses and climbing play gyms for little ones under a shade cloth. Plus there’s now a large jumping pillow and grass to run around on. The play area is within sight of seating and near the Bistro.
37Panania Diggers | Panania
Kids eat free on Monday nights. Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 10am till 2pm is Mums & Bubs Day.
38Plumpton Hotel | Glendenning
- Open 9am daily, except Sundays 10am | Address: 556 Richmond Road, Glendenning | Website | Little Munch Review |
They have a deal on Sundays where all kids meals are $5.
39Putney Bowlo | Putney
40Quakers Inn | Quakers Hills
- Open daily 12pm to 2:30pm and then 5:30pm to 9pm | Address: 7 Nirimba Drive, Quakers Hill | Website |
Kids Eat Free on Sunday nights and a clown is there from 6:30pm to keep the kids entertained!
41The Ranch Hotel | North Ryde
- Open 9am Monday to Saturday, 10am Sunday | Address: Cnr Epping & Herring Roads, North Ryde | Website | Little Eats Review |
Kids eat free all day on Sundays.
42Wentworth Hotel | Homebush West
- Open 10am Monday to Friday, 9am Saturday and Sunday | Address: 195 Parramatta Road, Homebush West | Website |
Free kids entertainment every Sunday 12pm to 3pm. The play area (opened March 2018) is enclosed and the equipment is best suited to kids 4yrs+.
Activities at Local Clubs
Due to covid, there are very few events taking place and we’re currently not updating our What’s On Calendar. You can though event to our Facebook page for a listing of the few events taking place.