The rise of clubs and hotels with play areas is a fantastic thing for families. The fact that kids can happily play while mum and dad enjoy their dinner and a drink in peace = WINNING!
Here is a list of 37 Clubs and Hotels in and around the City of Parramatta that have a kids play area. All are FREE to use except one, which has a small charge but they supervise your kids! The list is divided into clubs/ hotels with INDOOR or OUTDOOR play areas and is presented in alphabetical order.
For each club/ hotel, we have listed the times you can access the play areas, which are usually when the bistro/ restaurant is open. In time, we will provide more information and photos of each one. For other options across Sydney, check out Little Munch’s list or this top 10 list from Little Eats.
And at the bottom, is a calendar listing of some of the kids activities taking place at the clubs/ hotels.
Indoor Play Areas (listed alphabetically)
There are 20 local clubs and hotels that have a play area for kids inside. So perfect on a cold, wet day! [Or jump down to clubs and hotels with outdoor play areas for when the weather is warm]
1Australian Hotel and Brewery | Rouse Hill
The indoor Hop’s Playland has a jumping castle, arcade games and play equipment.
2Blacktown Bowling Club | Blacktown
- Open from Wednesday to Sunday 11am to 8pm/10pm | Address: Lismore St, Blacktown | Website | ParraParents Review |
In 2017, Blacktown Bowling Club completed a $2m renovation and there is now a three-level, indoor playground structure with an “Under The Sea” theme. It’s at the Terrazzo Verdi Restaurant and Cafe and there is loads of free parking, easy pram/wheelchair access and convenient baby changing facilities.
3Club Five Dock RSL | Five Dock
- Open from 9am weekdays and 10am weekends | Address: 66 Great North Road, Five Dock | Website | Little Eats Review |
Kids eat free on Monday evenings.
4Dooleys Waterview | Silverwater
5Dundas Sports and Recreation Club | Dundas
6Granville Diggers | Granville
Kids eat free every Thursday night. The play area is currently being renovated.
7Hotel Pennant Hills | Pennant Hills
- Open 10am daily | Address: 344-352 Pennant Hills Rd, Pennant Hills | Website | ParraParents Review |
The new play opened in 2017. There’s free kids entertainment every Sunday 1pm to 3pm.
8Hotel Seven Hills | Seven Hills
- Open Monday to Saturday 11:30am to 3pm, 5pm to 9:30pm and Sunday 11:30am to 8pm | Address: 222 Prospects Highway, Seven Hills | Website | ParraParents Review |
The fab indoor play area is perfect for kids 3-8yrs.
9Kings Park Tavern | Kings Park
Kids eat free on Sunday until 6pm. And there’s a $9.90 kids meal deal everyday.
10Merrylands RSL Club | Merrylands
- Sage 2160 is open Monday to Saturday for lunch from 11am to 2:30pm and dinner from 5:30pm to 8:30pm/ 9pm | Address: 14 Military Road Merrylands | Website |
Kids eat free on Monday and Tuesday nights. The play area has three spaces. A room for under 5s with a small slide, tv and foam shapes. Another room for 6-10yr olds with a climbing play gym. Plus arcade games in front of the play rooms.
11North Ryde RSL | North Ryde
- Bistro is open daily for lunch from 12pm to 3pm/4pm and dinner 5:30pm to 8:30pm/9pm | Address: Pittwater Rd & Magdala Rd, North Ryde | Website | Little Eats Review |
Tribal Zone, the kids play area, is open Monday-Tuesday 5:30pm to 9:30pm and then Wednesday to Sunday from 11am to 9:30pm. During school holidays it’s open daily from 10:30am to 9:30pm. Entry is $6 per child for 2hrs and includes them being supervised.
12Pennant Hills Bowling Club | Pennant Hills
Kids eat free on Monday and Tuesday nights. And there are $11 lunch specials, which would be good for a mothers group catch up.
13Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club | West Ryde
There are two small play areas – one with a climbing play gym and slide and the other with a tv. There is also a great big fish tank in reception that the kids will love.
14Smithfield RSL | Smithfield
The new bistro Table 2164 has a new kids play area that opened late 2018.
15The Birkenhead Hotel – NEW | Drummoyne
- Open 11am Monday to Saturday and 12pm on Sunday | Address: 206 Lyons Road, Drummoyne | Website |
The bistro at Birkenhead Hotel has an enclosed play area (behind clear walls), with a climbing play gym and slide. Plus, there’s a large bucket duplo blocks and other toys to keep little ones occupied.
16The Hills Club – NEW | Baulkham Hills
- Open 9:30am on weekdays and 8:30am on weekends | Address: 6-18 Jenner St, Baulkham Hills | Website |
The Hills Club opened their improved kids games room in February 2019. It has 3 X-Boxes, and 2 giant touch gaming tablets, plus toys and space for the kids to play. And kids eat FREE on Sunday’s.
17Vikings Sports Club | Dundas Valley
Kids have their very own Little Vikings area next to the bistro. It’s one of a few clubs with a play area suitable for toddlers – just go early for dinner when there are less older kids around. Kids eat free on Monday and Tuesday nights.
18Wenty Leagues – NEW | Wentworthville
The BIG new kids play area finally opened on 11th February after about a year of renovations at Wenty Leagues. It’s about 3 times the size of the old one, has two party rooms and large parents room next door. And there’s still free kids entertainment every Tuesday from 9:30am to 11:30am.
19West Pennant Hills Sports Club | West Pennant Hills
- Open 12pm to 9:30pm seven days a week | Address: 103 New Line Rd, West Pennant Hills| Website | ParraParents Review |
Children 12 and under eat free from the Kids’ menu with a paying adult on Tuesday nights.
20Wests Ashfield Leagues Club | Ashfield
- Open for lunch 11:30/12pm to 2:30pm/3pm and dinner 6pm to 9pm/10pm on weekdays and weekends | Address: 115 Liverpool Road, Ashfield | Website | ParraParents Review |
The Garden is one of three dining options at Wests Ashfield Leagues Club. Inside this garden style restaurant, there is a play area with a chalk board, building blocks, connect four, table soccer, chess and various other activities to keep the kids busy. So not your traditional climbing play gym. There is free kids entertainment and meals every Tuesday night.
Outdoor Play Areas (listed alphabetically)
There are 19 local clubs and hotels that have a play area for kids outside. Most have shade sails or are under a cover. And lovely spots to enjoy lunch on a warm day and dinner during day light savings. [Or jump up to clubs and hotels with indoor play areas.]
21Baulkham Hills Sports Club | Baulkham Hills
22Brewhouse Marayong | Marayong
Kids eat free on Sundays and there is a kids entertainer every Sunday from 1pm to 3pm.
23Briars Sports Club, The Backyard | Concord
24Castle Hill RSL | Castle Hill
There’s weekly fun and entertainment for kids every Tuesday from 11am to 2pm in the Courtyard. And all kids meals in the Courtyard Restaurant come with an ice cream and activity pack.
25Crown McCredie | Guildford West
All coffees are just $1 before 12pm everyday. The outdoor, covered playground can be seen from a lot of seating inside and out. There is a jumping castle, rocket ship, rock climbing wall, small climbing play gym and spinning disc.
There is also a kids entertainer on Saturday and Sundays from 12:30pm to 2:30pm.
26Ettamogah Hotel | Kellyville
27Galston Club | Galston
- Open daily from 12pm to 2:30pm and then 6pm to 9pm | Address: 21 – 25 Arcadia Road, Galston | Website |
Get a FREE kids meal with every main meal purchased on Saturday nights.
28Glenorie RSL Club | Glenorie
29Gladesville Sporties | Gladesville
30Greystanes Hotel | Greystanes
They have a little and big kids menu. Plus a flying fox and lots of other fun play equipment.
31Guildford Bowling Club | Guildford
There is free kids entertainment every Sunday from 12pm. And there’s a FREE kids meals available with any meal purchased over $15. Plus kids will receive a free glass of soft drink and activity bag.
32Guildford Rugby League Football & Recreation Club | Guildford
Puchase an adults meal and you’ll get a FREE kids meal on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, includes an ice cream.
33Marsden Brewhouse | Marsden Park
- Open 11am to 9pm daily | Address: Corner of Hawthorne Avenue, Richmond Rd, Marsden Park | Website | ParraParents Review |
Kids meals $12.
34NBC Sports Club | Northmead
The new ‘backyard’ opened in 2017, with one of the bowling greens being turned into a kids play area. There is a very large jumping castle for older kids (weekends and school holidays) as well as cubby houses and climbing play gyms for little ones under a shade cloth. Plus there is lots of grass to run around on. The play area is within sight of seating and near the Bistro.
Kids eat free on Thursday evenings.
35Panania Diggers | Panania
Kids eat free on Monday nights. Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 10am till 2pm is Mums & Bubs Day.
36Plumpton Hotel | Glendenning
- Open 9am daily, except Sundays 10am | Address: 556 Richmond Road, Glendenning | Website | Little Munch Review |
They have a deal on Sundays where all kids meals are $5.
37Putney Bowlo | Putney
38Quakers Inn | Quakers Hills
- Open daily 12pm to 2:30pm and then 5:30pm to 9pm | Address: 7 Nirimba Drive, Quakers Hill | Website |
Kids Eat Free on Sunday nights and a clown is there from 6:30pm to keep the kids entertained!
39The Ranch Hotel | North Ryde
- Open 9am Monday to Saturday, 10am Sunday | Address: Cnr Epping & Herring Roads, North Ryde | Website | Little Eats Review |
Kids eat free during lunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
40Wentworth Hotel | Homebush West
- Open 10am Monday to Friday, 9am Saturday and Sunday | Address: 195 Parramatta Road, Homebush West | Website |
Free kids entertainment every Sunday 12pm to 3pm. New play area (opened March 2018) is enclosed and the equipment is best suited to kids 4yrs+.
Activities at Local Clubs
Here are upcoming kids events and activities at some of the local clubs and hotels listed above.