Mexican Style Shredded Chicken is a favourite with my Mr 3 and Mr 2 and we eat it at least once a week. All you need are three ingredients, three steps and you end up with a yummy meal you can use in different ways.
- 1.5kg chicken breast;
- 2 packets of taco seasoning (salt reduced); and
- 400g jar of salsa (medium).
- Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir.
- Put slow cooker on to low for 8hrs.
- When finished, take chicken out and shred with two forks and add about 0.5-1 cups of liquid from slow cooker back into shredded chicken.
We make tortillas with the chicken – boys just like theirs with sour cream and cheese. But I am sure there are heaps of other things you can do with the Mexican style shredded chicken.
Note: this makes about 6 dinners for us (2 adults and 2 kids) and I freeze the left overs in dinner portions, flat in zip lock bags.