Vikings Sports Club is our local club and only a few minutes walk away. My little boys love going there and always nag to go when we walk or scooter passed. It has a good indoor family dining area called Little Vikings, with plenty to keep little ones busy and space to run around. Located in Dundas Valley, the Club is part of Parramatta Leagues Club.
Kids eat free on Monday and Tuesday night, with every adult meal purchased. There is also a 2 for 1 pizza deal on Mondays.
- two play gyms – one more suited for kids 1.5-5yrs and the other is best for kids 3-7yrs
- arcade machines,
- an air hockey table ($1 per game)
- TV with Nickelodeon on and lounge in front to relax on
- about seven tables (seating 4-6 people)
- lots of high chairs
- plenty of space for mothers group catch-ups
- baby change table in the ladies toilets
It is one of a few play areas at a club that is suitable for toddlers, assuming there aren’t too many older kids around. It’s generally very busy on the weekends but fine with little ones if you go on a weekday and early for dinner – we usually go 5:30pm to 7pm. You can access the play area any time the club is open, which is from 10am until late daily. Note: the bistro is only open for lunch and dinner.
There is a Kids Club for kids under 12yrs. You can sign up for free at the club or online. By joining kids get:
- An activity pack with every kids meal purchased
- Free kids meal every Monday and Tuesday night (with every adult meal purchased)
- Free birthday cake with every birthday party booking
- Members card
- Exclusive offers and info on school holiday activities emailed from time-to-time
- Free meal on 10th kids meal purchased
Food at Vikings Sports Club is your standard club fare, mostly steaks, pasta and burgers, plus a kids menu. We generally stick with pizzas now and usually go Monday nights to take advantage of the 2 for 1 pizza deal – which makes it a really cheap family meal out.
The Bistro is open for lunch (12pm – 3pm) and dinner (5.30pm – 9pm), except on Sunday when it closes at 8.30pm.
Finding Vikings Sports Club
Located in Dundas Valley, just opposite Dundas Park, the Vikings Sports Club has on-site parking out front. If you live within a 5km radius, you need to become a member to visit the club. Membership is only $10 per year and includes membership to Parramatta Leagues Club.