It may seem strange to go to school during the school holidays. But did you know that you can enjoy the playgrounds, ovals and sports courts of over 200 public schools across NSW?! The Share Our Space Program has been running for a year now and opens up local schools for families to enjoy.
Participating schools are open these summer holidays from 8am to 6pm every day until 26th April (including public holidays). There’s a security guard on-site and you can make use of the schools fun outdoor areas.
Our nearest school is Rydalmere Public School and we like the covered outdoor area for riding bikes and scooters. Plus there are chickens at the school that we say hi to!
It’s a great way to have a play without the crowds that you get at local playgrounds over the holidays.
This April there are 7 local schools participating, as shown on the map and listed (alphabetically by suburb) below. For other areas and more details head to the NSW Government Share Our Space website.
- Rydalmere East Public School – Spurway St, Ermington
- Granville Boys High School – 14 Mary St, Granville
- Granville South Public School – Woodville Rd Guildford
- Homebush Public School – Rochester St, Homebush
- Merrylands High School – Bristol St, Merrylands
- Rydalmere Public School – John St, Rydalmere
- Wentworth Point Public School – 3-5 Burroway Rd, Wentworth Point