It may seem strange to go to school during the school holidays. But did you know that you can enjoy the playgrounds, ovals and sports courts of over 300 public schools across NSW?! The Share Our Space Program has been running for a year now and opens up local schools for families to enjoy.
Over 300 school grounds will be open from 30 September – 11 October, 8am to 5pm. Find a school near you. #ShareOurSpace
Posted by NSW Department of Education on Tuesday, 24 September 2019
Participating schools are open these spring holidays from 8am to 5pm every day until 11th October (including public holidays). There’s a security guard on-site and you can make use of the schools fun outdoor areas.
Our nearest school is Rydalmere Public School and we like the covered outdoor area for riding bikes and scooters.
Plus there are chickens at the school that we say hi to and a veggie garden you can wander around!
It’s a great way to have a play without the crowds that you get at local playgrounds over the holidays.
This October there are 11 local schools participating, as shown on the map and listed (alphabetically by suburb) below. For other areas and more details head to the NSW Government Share Our Space website.
- Baulkham Hills North Public School – Girralong Ave, Baulkham Hills
- Darcy Road Public School – Darcy Road, Wentworthville
- Granville Boys High School – 14 Mary St, Granville
- Homebush Public School – Rochester St, Homebush
- Lalor Park Public School – Heffron Rd, Lalor Park
- Merrylands High School – Bristol St, Merrylands
- Rydalmere Public School – John St, Rydalmere
- Rydalmere East Public School – Spurway St, Ermington
- Seven Hills High School – Johnson Ave, Seven Hills
- Telopea Public School – Chestnut Avenue, Telopea
- Wentworth Point Public School – 3-5 Burroway Rd, Wentworth Point