The playground at Buffalo Creek Reserve has had an upgrade! There is still the fabulous large shade cloth covering the playground, but now the ground is soft fall and there is new equipment to play on.
The new equipment includes:
- a sit on merry-go-round that can easily have six kids on it at one time.
- three swings, including a birds nest swing.
- toddler play gym with mini slide.
- more challenging climbing play gym, best suited for kids 4+, with a slide and plenty of rope to climb up.
Still right near the playground is the flying fox, fab scooter/ bike track and cubby house, plus lots of grass to play on. The playground is set back from Pittwater Road but near the Reserves car park.
There are covered picnic tables, BBQs, sporting fields and toilets.
From Buffalo Creek Reserve you have access to a number of bush walks:
- Across Pittwater Road is the Field of Mars Reserve with five bush walks.
- The Great North walk through Lane Cove National Park can be explored from Buffalo Creek. We did the first part of this walk to Sugarloaf point which was really lovely and a great spot to enjoy Lane Cove River.
- The Lane Cove Valley walk towards Boronia Reserve.
Finding Buffalo Creek Reserve
Buffalo Creek Reserve is located on the border of Ryde and Hunters Hill, next to Lane Cove River. There is on-site parking but it would have to be the only playground around that I know that charges for parking. And its not cheap at $5 per hour on weekends and $3.50 per hour during the week! You can though park across the road at Field of Mars Reserve for free – just be careful crossing the busy Pittwater Road.