There is a LOT to ♥ about Clifton Gardens….
- Shaded playground near the beach ✔️
- Quaint kiosk with gorgeous views over the beach ✔️
- Shade on the beach ✔️
- Plenty of sand to spread out on, build sand castles and collect shells ✔️
- Beautiful bush setting, with lovely views of Sydney Harbour ✔️
- Netted swimming area ✔️
- Rocks to climb and bush walks ✔️
- Toilets, picnic shelters, bbqs ✔️
- Large grassed area ✔️
- Pier (to fish from) ✔️
- Parking close to beach ✔️
- Ice cream van ✔️ (well at least every time we have been)
It also only takes about 30-50mins to get there from the City of Parramatta (depending on where you live). And like any harbour beach, it is usually 10 degrees cooler then Parramatta!
My boys also love that there is usually a crane at the northern end of the beach and last time we went there was a large US Coast Guard ship docked there.
The only downside is the cost of parking. On the weekends, it is $20 all day and we paid $12 for 2.5hrs. Spots also fill up fast on the weekends and holidays, so best to get there by 10am. You can though park up the top of the hill for free and walk down. The upside is that the somewhat limited parking means the beach doesn’t get that crowded. It can still be busy, but not so that you are lying right next to someone else.
The pluses far outweigh the cost of parking for us. In our books, Clifton Gardens is the one of the best Sydney Harbour beaches.
Thanks Hello Sydney Kids for your review that first got us here 🙂
Finding Clifton Gardens Reserve and Beach
Clifton Gardens is just a 5min drive from Taronga Zoo, heading north east. Entry to the beach and car spots is via Morella Road, Mosman.
Ripples Chowder Bay is on the north end, as is Chowder Bay Road.