The fenced playground at Doyle Ground is the second closest to Parramatta CBD. It is a great medium sized playground with shade cloths over the play equipment, but not the whole fenced area – so nice on a hot and cool day.
It is best suited for kids 2-6yrs and has:
- monkey bars
- large climbing play gym with spiral slide, noughts and crosses, tunnel and pretend shop
- stepping stones
- dry creek bed with bridge
- picnic tables and park benches.
Outside the fenced playground are more swings, including a birds nest swing, and exercise equipment, plus a pathway around the oval great for walking or riding on.
If you are after coffee or a bite to eat, then The Container is only a few minutes walk up Buller Street.
Places of Interest Nearby
- The Container Cafe (opened August 2017) – run by the same great team as The Container in Dundas Valley
- Sherwin Park – castle themed playground
- Rosslyn Blay Park – fenced playground, great for little ones
- Riverside Theatres
- Barton Park
Finding Doyle Ground
The playground is located on the corner of Fennell and Buller Streets in North Parramatta.