Finding a cafe an easy walk from a playground is the parenting definition of a win-win in my books. Whether that be for a caffeine, sugar or general food hit for you, food for the kids or a chance to catch up with another family over a meal and play. Would you believe there are over 50 park playgrounds with cafes nearby, in and around the City of Parramatta!
To make it super easy to find these playgrounds, below is a Google map with them all marked, plus descriptions and photos. The map also shows where the nearby food options are. And the best bit is that you can access the map from your phone – so you can either use it to plan ahead or while you are out and about. And if you prefer reading them as a list, you can read a summary of the 23 fenced playgrounds and 31 open playgrounds.
With so many playgrounds to choose from, we hope you find plenty of inspiration for some fun, tasty (and caffeine fuelled) family outings.
Note: Keep in mind that the kid friendliness of the cafes listed varies. We hope with time to provide more reviews of the cafes.
- Swing icon = fenced playground
- Tree icon = open/ unfenced playground
- Knife and Fork icon = cafe
- Cup icon = coffee available
- Burger and drink icon = take away shop
- Shopping trolley icon = shopping centre with food court and cafes
- Green = shaded playground
- Orange = playground with some natural shade
- Yellow = playground with NO/ very little shade
- Dark blue = kid friendly cafes that we know of so far