There are two entry points along Kirby Street to Upjohn Park. The best entrance is from the roundabout, next to Homart Pharmaceuticals. There you will find on-site parking, toilets, the playground, bbq and picnic facilities.
The playground is at the top of the Park, near the main entrance, but set well back from the car park. It is a nice medium sized playground, with a good amount of natural shade. Surprisingly it is hardly ever busy, well except when sports on are during the weekend.
The playground has:
- a boat for the kids to sit in and ride the rough seas on
- three swings, including a toddler seat
- bouncing, spinning see saw
- tall climbing equipment with fire pole and slide
- spider wall and monkey bars for the more adventurous little ones
- a pretend shop
- a number of nature based play elements
The playground is surrounded by large native trees. They provide a good amount of shade at most of the day, but it can get rather hot here in summer.
Also at Upjohn Park there are:
- a scooter/ bike track with signs;
- plenty of open park to run around;
- a double bbq;
- four picnic shelters/ covered picnic tables;
- sports field;
- exercise equipment; and
- creek and bush to explore.
Finding Upjohn Park
The main entrance is off Kirby Street at the round about where Homart Pharmaceuticals is and there is plenty of on-street parking. Further along Kirby Street, there is another entrance at about number 131, where there are a few parking spots. From here, you have a bit of an uphill walk to the playground and sports oval.