Ho Ho Ho…Oh no it is only a few weeks to go until Santa comes down the chimney! We thought we would make it easier for you to get into the festive spirit by finding all the merry things to do with your family and putting them in one handy spot – our ultimate Christmas Guide 2017. And it is overflowing with Christmas cheer!
There are more than 20 Christmas carol events, some jolly Christmas storytimes, a long list of fun Christmas community events, a sprinkling of Christmas craft activities and lots of dazzling Christmas lights to see. We also have you covered if you are looking to buy a fresh Christmas tree. And if you are looking for a new family tradition or a way to focus more on the giving of Christmas, we highly recommend 24 Random Acts of Christmas Kindness.
Please comment below if there is any other jolly event or activity to add to our Christmas Guide!
Tis the season to be jolly….and thankfully there are plenty of events to experience and enjoy Christmas carols at. Here is a list of more than 20 in the area and for more community carols events, visit the Hope 103.2 website.
There is something very magical and mesmerising about a house decked out with Christmas lights. And even more so when experiencing them with kids.
The Google Map below shows Christmas light displays that we have visited this year or have been worth visiting in previous years. As well as ones fundraising for Lights for Kids this year. Most houses turn their lights on from the first weekend in December.
Our top picks include Chauvel Street in North Ryde, 44 Camellia Street in Greystanes, Grasmere and Dorset Avenues in Northmead and Sydney LDS Temple in Carlingford. For the full list, see our Christmas Lights Displays article.
And if you really love Christmas light displays, then you should take a trip to the Hunter Valley Gardens for their amazing Christmas lights!
3Fresh Christmas Trees
There is something delicious and very Christmassy about the smell off a fresh pine tree. If you are in the market for the fresh Christmas tree you can also help support a local community group while you are at it. Here are some of the key places to pick up a fresh Christmas tree. For other areas, check out the Scouts NSW list.
- CARLINGFORD – 1st Carlingford Scouts Group
- CASTLE Hill – Norwest Sunrise Rotary Club at Bunnings Castle Hill
- WEST PENNANT HILLS – Rotary Club of Parramatta City
- CONCORD – 1st Cabarita Mortlake Scouts Group
- NORTH RYDE – 1st East Ryde Scouts Group
- SEVEN HILLS –1st Kings Langley Scouts at Bunnings Seven Hills
- DURAL – Dural Christmas Tree Farm
- WAREEMBA – Merlino’s Christmas Trees
Top Ryde City Shopping Centre
Enjoy a magical Storytime with Santa on Level 1 in the Playzone.
- Monday 4th and 11th December from 9:30am
City of Parramatta Council Libraries
Christmas storytime includes Christmas storytelling and craft activities.
Join for stories, songs and lots of fun, including a visit from Santa. All sessions start at 11.00am and bookings are essential.
- Monday 4 December – Regents Park Library
- Tuesday 5 December – Greystanes Library
- Wednesday 6 December – Wentworthville Library
- Thursday 7 December – Merrylands Library
- Monday 11 December – Auburn Library
- Tuesday 12 December – Granville Library
- Tuesday 12 December – Lidcombe Library
- Wednesday 13 December – Guildford Library
- Wednesday 13 December – Berala Community Centre
5Christmas Craft Activities
I think we all love some craft time without a mess to clean up afterwards! And if these Christmas craft events leave you and your kids wanting more, here is our list of 25 simple Christmas craft activities to do at home.
Bunnings Santas Little Helper Workshops
- Seven Hills: Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm to 1pm
- North Parramatta: Saturdays and Sundays 10:30am to 12pm
- Dundas Library: 20th December 11am
6Community Christmas Events
There is a long list of great Christmas community events and activities taking place over the next few weeks, including shows, markets, carols, craft and fairs.