Ho Ho Ho…Oh no it’s only a month to go until Santa comes down the chimney! We thought we would make it easier for you to get into the festive spirit by finding all the merry things to do with your family and putting them in one handy spot – our ultimate Christmas Guide 2018. And it is overflowing with Christmas cheer!
| Carols | Christmas Lights | Local Christmas Events | Christmas Storytimes | Fresh Christmas Trees | Craft |
There are more than 15 Christmas carol events, some jolly Christmas storytimes, a long list of fun Christmas community events, a sprinkling of Christmas craft activities and lots of dazzling Christmas lights to see. We also have you covered if you are looking to buy a fresh Christmas tree. And if you are after a new family tradition or a way to focus more on the giving of Christmas, we highly recommend doing a Random Acts of Christmas Kindness ‘Advent Calendar’.
Tis the season to be jolly….and thankfully there are plenty of events to experience and enjoy Christmas carols at. Here is a list of more than 15 in the area. And for more community carols events, visit the Hope 103.2 website.
There is something very magical and mesmerising about a house decked out with Christmas lights. And even more so when experiencing them with kids.
The Google Map below shows Christmas light displays that we have visited in previous years. As well as ones fundraising for Lights for Kids this year. Most houses turn their lights on from the first weekend in December. And we will update the map gradually once they do.
Some of our top picks include 7 Mallee Street in Quakers Hill, 44 Camellia Street in Greystanes, Grasmere and Dorset Avenues in Northmead and Chauvel Street in North Ryde, in Carlingford. For the full list, see our Christmas Lights Displays article.
And if you really love Christmas light displays, then you should take a trip to the Hunter Valley Gardens for their amazing Christmas lights!
3Fresh Christmas Trees
There is something delicious and very Christmassy about the smell off a fresh pine tree. If you are in the market for a fresh Christmas tree you can also help support a local community group while you are at it. Here are some of the key places to pick up a fresh Christmas tree.
- CARLINGFORD – 1st Carlingford Scouts Group
- WEST PENNANT HILLS – Rotary Club of Parramatta City
- NORTH ROCKS – 1st Carlingford Scouts Group
- SEVEN HILLS –1st Kings Langley Scouts
- PUTNEY – 1st Putney Scouts
- BAULKHAM HILLS – Rotary Club of The Hills at Bull and Bush Hotel
- CASTLE Hill – Norwest Sunrise Rotary Club
- RHODES – 1st Yaralla Sea Scouts
- CONCORD – 1st Cabarita Mortlake Scouts Group
- NORTH RYDE – 1st East Ryde Scouts Group
- DURAL – Dural Christmas Tree Farm
- WAREEMBA – Merlino’s Christmas Trees
For other areas, check out the Scouts NSW list.
Top Ryde City Shopping Centre
Enjoy a magical Storytime with Santa on Level 1 in the Playzone.
- Monday 3rd and 10th December from 9:30am
Cumberland Council Libraries
Join for stories, songs and lots of fun, including a visit from Santa. All sessions start at 11.00am and bookings are essential.
- Monday 3 December – Regents Park Library
- Tuesday 4 December – Greystanes Library
- Wednesday 5 December – Granville Library
- Thursday 6 December – Wentworthville Library
- Monday 10 December – Auburn Library
- Tuesday 11 December- Merrylands Library
- Wednesday 12 December – Lidcombe Library
Enjoy Christmas stories and songs with Ryde Library outside in the piazza at Top Ryde on Friday 7th December. NO bookings necessary.
5Christmas Craft Activities
I think we all love some craft time without a mess to clean up afterwards! And if these Christmas craft events leave you and your kids wanting more, here is our list of 25 simple Christmas craft activities to do at home.
Bunnings Santas Little Helper Workshops (from 1st December)
- Seven Hills: Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 3pm
- Blacktown: Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 2pm
The Connection Rhodes
- Xmas craft table from 15th to 24th December
6Local Community Christmas Events
There is a long list of great local Christmas community events and activities over the next few weeks, including shows, markets, carols, craft and fairs. Our top 5 picks are: