Ho Ho Ho…it’s only over a month to go until Santa comes down the chimney! As a Christmas gift from us to you, we’ve searched all over the place for all the merry things to do with your family and put them together in one handy spot – our ultimate Christmas Guide 2019. And it’s overflowing with Christmas cheer!
| Carols | Christmas Lights | Local Christmas Events | Christmas Storytimes | Fresh Christmas Trees | Craft |
There are more than 15 Christmas carol events, some jolly Christmas storytimes, a long list of fun Christmas community events, a sprinkling of Christmas craft activities and lots of dazzling Christmas lights to see. We also have you covered if you are looking to buy a fresh Christmas tree. And if you are after a new family tradition or a way to focus more on the giving of Christmas, we highly recommend doing a Random Acts of Christmas Kindness ‘Advent Calendar’.
Tis the season to be jolly….and thankfully there are plenty of events to experience and enjoy Christmas carols at. Of course the very special carols with Guy Sebastian and friends at Parramatta Park is a must for local families! Here’s a list of more than 20 carols events in the area. And for others, visit the Hope 103.2 website.
There’s something very magical and mesmerising about a house decked out with Christmas lights. And even more so when experiencing them with kids.
The Google Map below shows Christmas light displays that we have visited in previous years. As well as ones fundraising for Lights for Kids this year. Most houses turn their lights on from the first weekend in December. And we will update the map gradually once they do.
Some of our top picks include 7 Mallee Street in Quakers Hill, Grasmere and Dorset Avenues in Northmead and Chauvel Street in North Ryde. For the full list, see our Christmas Lights Displays article.
There’s something delicious and very Christmassy about the smell of a fresh pine tree. If you are in the market for a fresh Christmas tree you can also help support a local community group while you are at it. Here are the key places to pick up a fresh Christmas tree.
- BAULKHAM HILLS – Rotary Club of The Hills at Bull and Bush Hotel
- CARLINGFORD – 1st Carlingford Scouts Group
- CASTLE Hill – Norwest Sunrise Rotary Club
- CONCORD – 1st Cabarita Mortlake Scouts Group
- DURAL – Dural Christmas Tree Farm
- KELLYVILLE RIDGE – Rotary Club of The Hills at Ettamogah Hotel
- KENTHURST – Tomalong Christmas Tree Farm
- PUTNEY – 1st Putney Scouts
- NORTH ROCKS – 1st Carlingford Scouts Group
- NORTH RYDE – 1st East Ryde Scouts Group
- RHODES – 1st Yaralla Sea Scouts
- SEVEN HILLS –1st Kings Langley Scouts
- WAREEMBA/ FIVE DOCK – Merlino’s Christmas Trees
- WEST PENNANT HILLS – Rotary Club of Parramatta City
For other areas, check out the Scouts NSW list.
Cumberland Council Libraries – 11am
Come to the annual end of year storytime parties, celebrating with stories, songs, games and a visit from Santa himself. These sessions are free and suitable for children 2 to 5 years of age. To book your child’s space, please call the Library.
- Regents Park Library: Monday 2 December. To book call 02 8757 9066
- Wentworthville Library: Tuesday 3 December. To book call 02 8757 9067
- Lidcombe Library: Wednesday 4 December. To book call 02 8757 9064
- Granville Library: Thursday 5 December. To book call 02 8757 9061
- Auburn Library: Monday 9 December. To book call 02 8757 9060
- Greystanes Library: Tuesday 10 December. To book call 02 8757 9062
- Guildford Library: Wednesday 11 December. To book call 02 8757 9063
- Merrylands Library: Thursday 12 December. To book call 02 8757 9065
I think we all love some craft time without a mess to clean up afterwards! And if these Christmas craft events leave you and your kids wanting more, here is our list of 25 simple Christmas craft activities to do at home.
Bunnings Santas Little Helper Workshops (from 1st December)
- Seven Hills: Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 3pm
- Blacktown: Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 2pm
Join us as we create some Christmas magic to take home. These craft workshops are free and a great activity for school aged children. No bookings required.
- Granville Library and Guildford Library: Tuesday 17 December
- Regents Park Library and Wentworthville Library: Wednesday 18 December
- Greystanes Library and Lidcombe Library: Thursday 19 December
The Connection Rhodes
- Decorate the Christmas Tree: 2nd December 5:30pm to 7:30pm
There’s ho ho ho many great local Christmas community events and activities over the next few weeks, including shows, markets, carols, craft and fairs. Our top 5 picks are: