Don’t know about you but I have found explaining the significance of the Easter Bunny and Easter eggs a bit challenging with my little ones, mainly because it isn’t spring here. Obviously makes complete sense in the northern hemisphere! Luckily for me, my boys love chickens and eggs so they are happy enough to go on an egg hunt.
Here are 12 Easter craft ideas, most should be suitable from toddlers upwards – some more messy than others! Our go to is the Easter bunny stamp (no. 1). And the melted crayon eggs are lots of fun (no. 5).
- Easter bunny and eggs toilet paper roll stamps
- Painted fork chick
- Paper plate baby chick
- Shaving cream painted Easter eggs
- Melted crayon Easter eggs
- Tissue paper Easter eggs
- Easter egg flower bouquet
- Tissue paper baby chicks
- Paper plate Easter chicks
- Easter bunny paper plate
- Easter egg potato stamping
- Easter bunny hand print
Looking for something cute and different to serve at Easter? Here is some inspiration.
- Easter meringue nests
- Cheesecake filled Easter eggs
- Chocolate Easter nests
- Easter bunny pancakes
- Cinnamon sugar Easter bunnies
- Easter bunny breakfast
Easter Egg Hunt
Aside from the traditional looking for chocolate eggs in the garden, there are a host of other egg-cellent things you can do for your Easter egg hunt with kids. We usually do our egg hunt with plastic eggs filled with a host of things – our kids aren’t big on chocolate and I would prefer to minimise sugar meltdowns.
Here are some non-chocolate egg filler suggestions:
- Edible fillers – tiny teddies, dried fruit, berries, popcorn, grapes
- Stickers, temporary tattoos, stamps
- Magnets, whistle
- Bouncy balls, squeeze balls
- Mini plastic toys, like dinosaurs, Lego people, insects, parachute men
- Jewelry, hair clips
- Little chicks, finger puppets
- Mini pencils, chalk, crayons, erasers
Events and Activities
Easter falls in the school holidays this year so there are a lot more events and activities in the lead up. Below is a list of 20+ that we have found in and around the City of Parramatta.