We’re SUPER excited that the fabulous Guy Sebastian (and his friends) will be returning to Parramatta Park for Carols in the Crescent again this year on Saturday 14th December. As you may remember, sadly the carols had to be cancelled last year due to stormy weather. But Guy and his crew still treated us to a few songs as the storm clouds rolled in. And it was just delightful! Can’t wait for the full show this year!
Along with lots of singing, there will be rides and food stalls to enjoy with your family as well as some special appearances. Plus, families will have the chance to help the valuable work of The Sebastian Foundation. In lieu of a ticket price, we’re being asked to make a donation. Money raised will go towards the new Parramatta Women’s Shelter.
Carols in the Crescent is set to be Sydney’s second biggest carols event, after the Carols in the Domain. Here’s what you can look forward to!
1Star Studded Entertainment (7pm to 9pm) at the Crescent
Guy Sebastian will be joined this year by Chris Sebastian, Sam Moran, Margaret Urlich, Jack Vidgen, Chynna Taylor, Reece Mastin, Karise Eden and Bonnie Anderson. Plus, Mark Furze will be there as the Christmas Grinch. How wonderful that all these talented performers are donating their time in support of The Sebastian Foundation!
2Photos with Santa and Lantern Making (4pm to 7pm) at Old Government House
Snuggle in with Santa for a photo and making a lantern at Old Government House (behind the Crescent) from 4pm to 7pm. Of course, the man of the season – Santa – will also make a special appearance during carols.
3Rides (4pm to 10pm) at Pavilion Flat
A short walk from the Crescent, you will find a range of rides for your family to enjoy at Pavilion Flat, near the George Street Gatehouse entrance. Rides will operate from 4pm to 10pm, with the ticket booth closing at 9:30pm. Plus, while you at Pavilion Flat for the rides, you can also enjoy the fun new Paperbark Playground there.
4Food Stalls (4pm to 10pm) at the Crescent
Can’t be bothered taking a picnic dinner? No probs, you can grab something to eat at Carols in the Crescent. And even if you do take a picnic dinner, you may want a sweet treat afterwards. Here’s a list of the food trucks that you can grab something to eat from at Carols in the Crescent:
- Procatering: Gozleme Food Truck
- Let’s Do Yum Cha: Pork Bun ($3.50 each), Prawn & Chive (3 for $10), Pork Dumpling (2 for $6 or 4 for $10), Chicken Dumpling (2 for $6 or 4 for $10), Vegetarian Dumpling (2 for $6 or 4 for $10), Vegetarian Spring Roll (2 for $6 or 4 for $10)
- BAR COCO: Ice Cream, Desserts, coffee
- Pizza Picchio: Pizzas $12 each – Margherita, Vegetariana, Ham & Pineapple, Salami & Ham
- G-Dup Burgers: Wagyu beef, double American cheese, G-DUP sauce
- Taca & Co.: Felafel roll, Felafel Bowls
Handy Info and Tips
- Paperbark Playground is a short walk away from the Crescent, inside Parramatta Park, just near the George Street Gatehouse. The playground at Domain Creek is behind the Crescent, about a 500m walk away. Keep in mind that there are water pumps there.
- You’ll be asked to donate to The Sebastian Foundation to support the new Parramatta Women’s Shelter.
- Parramatta Park will be closed to cars for the event, from 2pm.
- The commuter car park next to Bankwest Stadium is a short walk away (700m).
- Food and drinks can be brought with you to the event. And there will be food available for purchase from 4pm to 10pm. Keep in mind that there are no ATMs in the park.
- Water re-fill stations will be available so remember to bring your water bottle.
- No shade tents/ domes are allowed at Carols in the Crescent. But you are bring low back chairs.
- There will be toilets (portaloos) at the Crescent.
- Pets on a leash who are socially behaved are allowed.
- You can get ID wristbands for little children (where you write your phone number) at the information booth next to the stage. There will also be a first aid tent there.
- The event is pram friendly and wheel chair accessible.
- There will be no fireworks at Carols in the Crescent.
Getting to Carols in the Crescent
Carols in the Crescent is in Parramatta Park, overlooking Parramatta River (and Bankwest Stadium) on the eastern side, along Byrnes Avenue.
- Driving: Parramatta Park will be a car free zone for the event (from 3pm). The nearest car parks are the commuter carpark next to Bankwest Stadium or Justice Precinct car park. Or at Horwood Place car park and walk down Macquarie Street.
- Public Transport: Parramatta Park is a short walk from the Parramatta Transport Interchange, where you can catch buses and trains.
- Walking/ Riding: Enter Parramatta Park at the George Street Gatehouse and go right for about 450m until you reach the Crescent.