Finish off the spring school holidays with a bang at the Kidtopia Festival in Parramatta Park. Held across three days, there looks to be every type of fun you can think of for the kids. From amusement rides, live music, open air cinema and masterclasses to performances, interactive art space, animal shows and a dedicated space for under 5’s – Littletopia. Plus, Sydney’s biggest and coolest family event has been specially designed to appeal to both adults and kids – yay! Our Kidtopia Festival Guide highlights key activities to look forward to as well as answers some common questions and gives you the lowdown on getting to the Festival.
Remember, you must have a ticket to enter the Kidtopia Festival. Early Bird tickets finished on Thursday 28th September. But you can still get $5-$10 off tickets by buying them online as part of the second release round. Entry for kids under 5 is free.
Plus you can purchase an unlimited ride pass – $25 online or $35 on the day. This is only recommended for adults and kids over 5. Single ride tickets will be $5 on the day.
During Kidtopia, you’ll enjoy live performances on the Sound Stage, art and craft activities in Craftworks, comedy and theatre on the Cinema Stage, circus acts in La Petite Grand, Roaming Performers, a special area for little ones (Littletopia) and nightly films in the Open Air Cinema (Friday and Saturday only). Plus there will be a great range of good food. Here is a little info on some of the highlights of the Kidtopia Festival.
Featuring a rotating program of acts throughout the day, La Petite Grande is full of big surprises! Enter to experience tricks, circus, cabaret, daredevil acts and family fun!
Kids can get creative with all day art and craft activities at CraftWorks. During the festival there will be Robot Mask making, Masquerade Ball mask making and cartoon lessons courtesy of Toonworld.
Thrills abound for the whole family at Kidtopia, with a huge variety of rides including thrill rides, family classics and a selection for smaller kiddies. The unlimited rides pass is $25 if pre-purchased online. On the day, rides are $5 per ride or $35 for an unlimited pass
The masterclass program at Kidtopia includes workshops in:
- dance with Samson from Justice Crew’s Base 181 dance school,
- coding with Code Camp,
- magic taught by teen duo Cardistry and Sydney’s premier magician Adam Mada,
- percussion with Junkyard Beats and
- Slime, Sherbet & Giant Bubbles.
Masterclass tickets are $20 for each 60 minute session and only for kids. A waiting area is provided for parents during class times and you can observe your children during the class.
Littletopia is a special area for under 5s. Within the area little ones can jump, climb and slide in the Tumbletown play pen, have fun in the Tiny Tots play area or get creative with Paint & Play or Ready to Read. After all of that, relax on one of the Chibebe beanbags.
Get comfy under the stars and enjoy a fun feature film, one that the whole family will love! On Friday night, Boss Baby is playing and the film on Saturday night is Sing.
Your family will be able to play giant lego, jenga, connect four, checkers and chess. Parents can grab a drink at the bar and relax while the kids play or join in for the fun!
9Make Healthy Normal Zone
Within the Make Healthy Normal Zone, you will find lots of fun outdoor activities, like a giant inflatable slide, totem tennis, soccer and hula-hooping. Plus, visits from favourite sports people from football, netball and AFL, and experts on hand to offer advice on healthy eating.
Here are key things we think you should know before heading to the Kidtopia Festival:
- Activities are best suited to kids 5-12yrs but there is something to entertain everyone. For little ones there is Littletopia, plus a few rides for under-5s, animals to pat, roaming performers throughout the festival grounds for all ages, Sound Stage to shake their booty and acts in the Cinema Stage for kids 3+.
- All kids need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Kids 4 and under are free.
- Your entry ticket includes all activities and areas within the Kidtopia Festival, except funfair rides, masterclasses, food, drinks and merchandise which are an additional cost.
- All live music and interactive activities are open from 10am to 6pm. Open Air Cinema, Funfair and Good Food open until 8pm.
- Baby change facilities are available.
- Outside food is not permitted to be brought into Kidtopia, except for baby and toddler food. Kidtopia staff reserve the right to conduct bag checks on entry.
- Pets can not be brought to the Festival.
- The Festival is mostly cashless, with only a few market stalls and food vendors accepting cash.
- Make sure to bring a hat if it is sunny – last year was very hot! There will be complimentary sunscreen stations and shaded areas. The Festival will also go head if it rains.
Getting to Kidtopia Festival
The Festival is at the Cattle Paddocks in Parramatta Park. The Cattle Paddocks are in between Domain Creek and Parramatta River, just behind the Domain Creek playground. Entry to the Festival is at E3-4 on the map below, and the Festival goes up to B4-5.
There will be very limited on-site parking in Parramatta Park. If driving, you are best to park at the Justice Precinct car park and walk in via the Pitt Street entrance. Alternatively, you could attempt to find street parking around Park Avenue, just outside the Westmead side of Parramatta Park.