I braved going to Hornsby Aquatic and Leisure Centre today for our first visit ever – on my own with Mr 3 and Mr 2 and in the rain. And what a perfect choice!
Hornsby Aquatic and Leisure Centre received a complete make over in 2014. While not a very large aquatic centre, compared with other swimming centres around, it is very well suited for families with young kids.
There is underground parking (free for 3hrs), with a lift that takes you straight to reception. On entering the centre, you see the indoor heated leisure pool first. To your right is the outdoor heated 50m pool and to your left is the indoor heated 25m pool. On the other side of the leisure pool are the change rooms, including two family ones. And in the far left, back corner is a 2m high enclosed water slide, though it wasn’t operating when we went.
The leisure pool, with zero depth entry, has a few little sections:
- There is an umbrella fountain on one side of the pool. It is enclosed from the rest of the pool and has a depth of about 15cms. We played here first and I loved sitting under the umbrella of water just as much as my boys.
- On the other side, of the umbrella fountain section, is a misty tunnel to walk through to some tipping buckets.
- The pool depth then increases and there is a spa like section to the right with two shower like fountains.
We easily spent an hour in the leisure pool without getting cold. There was a school carnival on outside in the 50m pool, plus it was raining, so we happily stayed inside and enjoyed some hot chips from the kiosk at the end.
- Two family change rooms with free (warm) shower, toilets and change table
- Female and Male toilets and change rooms
- Undercover on-site parking that is free for the first three hours
- Monday to Thursday: 5:30am–7:45pm;
- Friday: 5:30am to 6:45pm;
- Weekends: 7am-6:45pm.
- Adults $7.50
- Kids 4yrs+ $5.50
- Spectator $3.00
Places of Interest Nearby
- The pool is within Hornsby Park, which has a fenced playground and bike track.
- Westfield Hornsby is about a 10min walk away.
Getting to Hornsby Aquatic and Leisure Centre
Hornsby Aquatic and Leisure Centre is located at 203 Peats Ferry Rd, Hornsby. It is a 5min walk from Hornsby train station. There is parking under the centre, which is free for the first 3hrs.