Tuesday & Thursday Holy Trinity Playgroups: 10 – 12noon, during school terms
Children from 0 to pre-kindergarten are welcome to bring a parent or carer along to playgroup for fun, toys, morning tea and friendship. Bring along a piece of fruit to be cut & shared.
This playgroup is said to be extremely warm and welcoming.
For more information contact
*Please note our Tuesday playgroup is currently full.
Northmead Playmorning is an informal, church-run, community Playmorning catering for 0-5 year olds and their carers.
- Where: Northmead Anglican Church – 6 Thomas St, Northmead
- Cost: The cost each week is $2 per family.
This money can be put in the money tin on the table near the entrance. This money is used for resources, toys, tea/coffee, milk, etc.
What does a typical Tuesday morning look like?
- 10 am – Welcome: Doors open and some toys will be available in the hall as we get tea or coffee and say hello to each other. If you are late, don’t panic! We know that life with small children is unpredictable and challenging. Come when you can, we still want to see you.
- 10.15 – Circle Time: During Circle Time, we sing songs, dance and listen to stories. Circle Time is a great opportunity for children to learn from one another, so we ask that carers encourage and model good listening and participation. Circle Time is led by a member of the Playmorning team. This time will also include some songs about God and often a story from the Bible.
- 10.35 – Free Play: Each Tuesday, play areas are set up inside and outside. Carers are encouraged to play with their children and are responsible for their supervision at all times. This playtime also provides opportunities to chat with other carers and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee. While light snacks are provided, you will need to bring food for your child (no nut products please).
- 11.50 – Pack Away Time: While the adults are packing away, the children can enjoy a parachute game in the backyard. The games will be run by a team member and we ask that a couple of carers help out with playing them. The games will end by 12.00. If you need to leave early, we understand.
How do you communicate with us?
Each term we hand out a newsletter with key dates and information. We also make announcements during Circle Time. If you wish, you can provide your email address for updates and information. You can also find Northmead Playmorning on Facebook.
We value your comments and feedback. Please grab one of the team after Playmorning or e-mail us at [email protected]
Who is Northmead Anglican Playmorning?
Northmead Playmorning is run by volunteers from Northmead Anglican Church. We are all committed and passionate Christians. We volunteer because our love for Jesus calls us to share the good new about Jesus Christ, love our community and care for those in it. In Circle Time, we sometimes have a Bible story or song that reflects our beliefs as Christians, and at Easter and Christmas time we love to talk about Jesus and the amazing things he has done. Anybody, regardless of religious belief, is welcome at Playmorning.
Playtime is for children from birth to school-age and their parent or carer.
Our Playtimes are held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10:00am-12:00pm in the church auditorium.
The aim of playtime is to provide support for parents and fun socialising skills for kids within a caring environment. Activities for children include craft, games, singing, story times and interactive play. For adults there is time to connect and talk together over morning tea.
Contact our children’s pastor Lynn via the church office to enquire about availability or to go on our waiting list.