Ryde Rockers Rhyme Time is for children aged 0 to 2 years. Introduce your baby to rhymes, songs, fingerplays, basic books and other bouncing babies.
Held during school terms.
- Eastwood Library – Wednesday 2pm, Friday 10.30am
- Gladesville Library – Wednesday and Friday 10.30am
- North Ryde Library – Monday 2pm, Tuesday 10.30am
- Ryde Library – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10.30am
- West Ryde Library – Monday and Tuesday 2pm, Friday 10.30am
All the songs and rhymes for Rhyme Time are available in the Ryde Rockers Rhyme Time Booklet(PDF, 3MB).
Preschool Storytime is for children aged 2 to 5 years. Introduce your child to the wonderful world of books.
Held during school terms.
- Eastwood Library – Tuesday and Thursday 11 am (note: on the 1st Thursday of the month, 11 am, Bilingual Storytime will be held for all ages)
- Gladesville Library – Wednesday and Friday 11 am
- North Ryde Library – Wednesday 11 am
- Ryde Library – Tuesday 10 – 10.45 am and 11.15 am – 12 noon (note: on the 1st Tuesday of the month, Bilingual Storytime)
- West Ryde Library – Wednesday 11am (note: on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, Bilingual Storytime will be held for all ages)
West Ryde Wombats is a community playgroup for children 0-5yrs held at West Ryde Community Hall on Monday , Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:30am to 11:30am.
Our playgroup is a chance for the kids to explore different toys, interact with other kids and generally have fun running around and playing in a clean, large and safe space as well as a chance for parents to connect with other local parents.
Most of our playgroup is spent in free play and parents take turns organising a weekly group activity for the kids, such as craft, cooking or singing.
The hall provides a great, large, bright space for the kids to play in, with a wide range of toys for babies through to pre-schoolers. There is a covered outside area, which we have access to most weeks (as it is shared with another organisation).
Our playgroup is run by the parents/ carers attending. All families are required to participate in the roster for group activities (and morning tea for the Monday group), setting up and packing up toys and other equipment as well as other organisational duties from time to time.
Our sessions follow the NSW public school term dates, with four terms a year of between 9-11 weeks. The fee to attend is $20 per school term per family to cover the hall rent, toys, equipment and craft consumables. We are associated with Playgroup NSW and all families attending need to be members of Playgroup NSW.
Children attending playgroup must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times. Grandparents, nannies or other carers are most welcome. We respectfully ask that the accompanying parent/carer speak English for safety reasons and follow instructions from playgroup committee members.
Fun and free, Story Time is a great way to connect with your community. Music, rhymes, stories and craft facilitated by awesome Story Tellers.
Every Wednesday and Friday during school term, the Touched by Olivia Foundation puts on a free storytime from 10am to 11am at Livvi’s Place Ryde in Yamble Reserve. The storytime includes craft, story telling and a chance to meet new friends.