The 2020 Australia day on the Hawkesbury at Governor Phillip Park is set to be bigger and better then ever. We have a heap of fantastic food and beverage stallholders, rides – Rollercoaster, dodgem cars, jumping castles and much more, free face painting and backyard games, an emergency services zone where you can meet our Freemans Reach RFS brigade, The Hawkesbury SES Unit and the Hawkesbury Local Command.
Our stage is set and ready with the awesome the HYPE band and many local entertainers programmed in to get you up and dancing to some classic Aussie favourites.
We have special Hawkesbury RFS tribute. We are asking our Hawkesbury community to come and write your message of thanks on our special tribute leaves. These will then be given out and presented to our 21 Hawkesbury RFS brigades. We also will be showcasing photos from the Gospers Fire Campaign of our Rural Fire Service out fighting the fires and saving our community. Make sure you also get a photo with our #ILOVERFS large letters
We have a BEST DRESSED competition. Come dressed in your best Aussie outfit for your chance to win $100 voucher to EASY LANE – Windsor RSL. Judging starts at 6:00pm on stage.
We have the amazing stilt walking jumping kangaroos. Make sure you get a photo with them when you see them hopping about.
To end the night, we have the amazing fireworks on the Hawkesbury river at 9pm. This is a chance for your family and friends to celebrate being Aussie in the Hawkesbury!
Cumberland City Council is inviting you to an energetic Australia Day celebration in the heart of Cumberland: Holroyd Gardens.
Cumberland’s Australia Day celebrations are all about an evening of celebrating our amazing local talent with lots to see and participate in:
- Astonishing vocals from headliner Carlos C MAJOR – offering perfect blend of RnB, Neo Soul mixed with a Latino flavour. You may have seen him on The Voice Australia.
- A dynamic performance from D Minor – Australia’s rap sensation who’s gaining an international reputation.
- A high-energy dance show by Western Sydney’s Kookies n Kream, fresh from their Australia’s Got Talent Grand Final performance.
- Many food and market stalls, cool down in our chill-out zone or take advantage of our free amusement rides throughout the night.
- 6.00pm: Welcome to Country Aboriginal address
- 6.10pm: Splash Dance. As seen on ABC Kids TV, this event will get the 2 to 7 year old’s up and dancing to music by John Field from The Wiggles’
- 6.40pm: 15 Stars Performing Arts. Traditional Polynesian dance led by John T Bishop.
- 7.00pm: Official Address.
- 7.15pm: Freeman Dancers. Aboriginal dance performance.
- 7.30pm: Lucky African Dance. Experience the vibrant and playful energy of Lucky African Dance, led by Lucky Lartey.
- 8.00pm: D Minor. From the streets of the western suburbs to the world wide stage. Find out what makes D Minor the rap success story of the decade.
- 8.25pm: Caribbean Soul. Original music with a rich Caribbean flavour.
- 9.00pm: Kookies n Kream. As seen on Australia’s Got Talent, Kookies n Kream is an Australian hip-hop dance crew.
- 9.15pm: C Major. Carlos C Major is the perfect blend of RnB and Neo Soul with a Latino flavour and recently appeared on The Voice Australia,2019 as an all star.
Free Amusement Rides
Offering free amusement rides for kids of all ages
- Dodgem Cars (130cm minimum height or rides with an adult)
- Disco Show (140cm minimum height)
- Mini Ferris Wheel (under 130cm)
- Mini Carousel (under 130cm)
- Mixed Toy Ride (under 130cm)
- Storm Chairs (up to 140cm)
- Super Heroes Inflatable (up to 140cm)
Side Stores and Attractions
- Indigenous craft tent – led by the Freeman Dancers
- Glow All Night
- Bob’s Show Bags
- Dance Worx
- Mariam’s Henna Art
- Face Ace face painting
- Let’s Slime – Slime kits and umbrella painting
- RD Cleaning Professionals
- Holroyd Rangers Soccer Club
- GWS Giants – Inflatable sports activities
- Merrylands Rams Junior Rugby League Football Club
International food stalls and trucks
- Dapto Hotdogs
- Dutch Poffertjes House
- La Raza Central
- Mini Donut Bar
- Mr Creamy coffee and ice-cream
- Pull’n Shots coffee & sweet treats
- Satay Brothers
- Sev’s Turkish Gozleme
- SlurpAlicious slurpees
- Tropical snow cones
- Utsab Food Truck and Catering
- Wood Fired Pizza Buddy
Moonlight Cinema has announced it’s coming to Western Sydney, bringing the season’s biggest blockbusters, hottest new releases and certified cult classics to The Amphitheatre at Lizard Log, Western Sydney Parklands – Sydney’s Biggest Backyard! The season will run for a limited time only from 1st January to 2nd February 2020.
New year, new venue! ✨Moonlight Cinema Western Sydney opens Jan 1st at Western Sydney Parklands! Get tickets & view our film line-up here – http://bit.ly/MoonlightSYD
Posted by Moonlight Cinema on Tuesday, 10 December 2019
Western Sydney audiences will be able to enjoy night after night of cinematic splendour under the stars, whether you’re after a night of family-friendly entertainment, a carefree catch up with your closest mates or a sizzling first date. Moonlight Cinema is the quintessential summer experience.
As a BYO event, Moonlight gives you the freedom to create your own perfect outdoor cinema experience. Prepare a picnic or bring along your favourite sweets to enjoy throughout the movie, or if you are unable to assemble the sumptuous banquet of your dreams, don’t fret as Moonlight has you covered with a licensed bar and a candy bar with classic cinema treats on site.
Western Sydney can look forward to a phenomenal film program that is jam-packed with acclaimed new releases, action-packed blockbusters and an array of hotly anticipated family-friendly films. The huge program includes: screenings of top picks for Awards season Joker, Ford v Ferrari and Knives Out; family-friendly films Frozen 2 and Jumanji: The Next Level; and action-packed blockbusters Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and The Gentlemen.
Check out some of the program highlights:
MUST-SEE FILMS OF THE SUMMER
Witness Joaquin Phoenix’s universally acclaimed portrayal of the iconic Batman villain in the chilling blockbuster Joker; solve a dramatic murder mystery along with an all-star cast in the new who-dunnit in Knives Out, starring Daniel Craig, Chris Evans and Aussie favourites Toni Collette and Katherine Langford; and learn the legendary tale of Ford v Ferrari, starring Matt Damon and Christian Bale, in the story of an American car designer’s mission to build a revolutionary race car for Ford.
Celebrate under the stars with the whole family with Moonlight’s hotly anticipated kid friendly films including: Frozen 2 which sees the beloved original cast reunite on an intrepid journey to find the origin of Elsa’s powers and save their kingdom and Jumanji: The Next Level, chronicling the gang’s return to Jumanji to rescue one of their own and escape the world’s most dangerous game.
Action-packed Hollywood blockbusters include: The Gentlemen starring Matthew McConaughey and Charlie Hunnam in a high-stakes crime comedy about a British drug lord who tries to sell off his highly profitable empire to a billionaire dynasty in Oklahoma; and the highly-anticipated conclusion to the epic Star Wars franchise, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
Watch your all-time favourite movies and summer blockbusters under the stars in Sydney’s Biggest Backyard.
All tickets $15. Family Passes available for $50
Something exciting is happening at Top Ryde City this summer! From 10th Jan to 9th Feb, they’re bringing fun and sun to the Piazza with a Summer Popup – The Park.
Kick back in our custom built 8x5m sand pit joined by a large 10x5m green space complete with yard games, picnic tables and blankets, activities, a special takeaway menu from our Piazza restaurants and more.
- The first 200 visitors will receive a FREE summer bag – think sunnies, paddle ball, vouchers and more!
You won’t want to miss out on this one.