The NEW Playgroup NSW Play Van is visiting 5 parks in the City of Parramatta each week during school term – returning to the same park on the same day each week. The play van will be at Sherwin Park in North Parramatta on Tuesdays from 9am to 11am, starting back in 2020 on 28th January.
This is your chance to come along and meet other local families and enjoy play time with your little one. Playgroup NSW is all for play so you can expect a wide range of activities including LEGO® DUPLO, Crayola colouring, sensory play, story and music time and lots more.
Here’s the Playgroup NSW Play Van weekly schedule for term 1, 2020:
- MONDAY – Sturt Park, Telopea
- TUESDAY – Sherwin Park, North Parramatta
- WEDNESDAY – Rosella Park, Harris Park
- THURSDAY – Richill Park, Constitution Hill
- FRIDAY – Jubilee Park, Parramatta
Koorana Playgroup meet at Don Moore Reserve community hall in North Rocks every Tuesday from 9:30am to 11:30m. It’s a wonderful mix of mums and kiddies and we have a very relaxed schedule which suits us nicely. It’s a great spot to meet as it also has a small fenced playground and heaps of space for the kids to scoot or ride around on the attached netball courts.
North Rocks Koorana is a playgroup run via Playgroup NSW.
Playtime is for parents and preschool children and includes craft, morning tea, playing time and music.
- Tuesday 9:30—11:30 am
- Cost is $2 per family
- The playgroup is on the corner of South and William Streets Granville. And close to all the yummy charcoal chicken shops.
- For more information call or message Nyssa on 0414 017 996.
Come along and join the South Granville Supported Playgroup.
We meet weekly during school terms to learn about child development and learning through play for children aged 0-5.
- Meet other parents in the area and exchange ideas and information.
- We ask for a gold coin donation to cover costs.
- For more information, contact Shirin on 9637-7600.
Baby Bounce is a program that introduces early literacy through the use of songs, rhymes, finger/toe plays and simple stories for babies and their parent/carer at Chatswood Library on The Concourse.
- Tuesdays 10-10.30am and 11-11.30am (during school terms)
- 25 tickets per session will be available 30 minutes before each session starts (9.30am for the 10am session, and 10.30am for the 11am session).
Please come along on a Tuesday morning during school terms and collect a ticket from our friendly staff.
- Monday: Babies (Under 2), 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Tuesday: All ages, 10am to 12pm
- Wednesday: All ages, 10am to 12pm
- Thursday: All ages, 10am to 12pm
- Friday: All ages – FULL
Greystanes Groovers are very well equipped, with numerous toys and activities to engage children from babies to school age. The hall at Nemesia Street Park is very well suited for playgroup as it has a large open area inside as well as a full fenced area outside.
When attending Greystanes Groovers you can expect your child to enjoy a variety of different toys, from slides, balance beams and mini trampolines to toy car garages and cars to toy prams and dolls. A variety of activities are also on offer, including musical instruments, dress ups, a toy kitchen and building blocks. Most weeks (working off a prearranged roster) one parent will arrange a craft activity, anything from simple colouring in to constructing items and decorating them with paint and glitter.
While at Greystanes Groovers there is time for morning tea. We ask that everyone bring along a piece of fruit and this will be chopped up and shared on a platter by all the children. Morning tea for the adults is arranged by just one parent each week on a rostered basis.
To participate in Greystanes Groovers you must be a member of Playgroup NSW. In addition to this, $28 per family per term is payable to Greystanes Groovers to cover the costs of hiring the hall and running the playgroup (replacing toys, craft materials and cleaning items).
If you would like to know more, or come along and visit one of our sessions we would love to meet you. Please contact us and we can arrange a time with you!
Tuesday & Thursday Holy Trinity Playgroups: 10 – 12noon, during school terms
Children from 0 to pre-kindergarten are welcome to bring a parent or carer along to playgroup for fun, toys, morning tea and friendship. Bring along a piece of fruit to be cut & shared.
This playgroup is said to be extremely warm and welcoming.
For more information contact
*Please note our Tuesday playgroup is currently full.
Northmead Playmorning is an informal, church-run, community Playmorning catering for 0-5 year olds and their carers.
- Where: Northmead Anglican Church – 6 Thomas St, Northmead
- Cost: The cost each week is $2 per family.
This money can be put in the money tin on the table near the entrance. This money is used for resources, toys, tea/coffee, milk, etc.
What does a typical Tuesday morning look like?
- 10 am – Welcome: Doors open and some toys will be available in the hall as we get tea or coffee and say hello to each other. If you are late, don’t panic! We know that life with small children is unpredictable and challenging. Come when you can, we still want to see you.
- 10.15 – Circle Time: During Circle Time, we sing songs, dance and listen to stories. Circle Time is a great opportunity for children to learn from one another, so we ask that carers encourage and model good listening and participation. Circle Time is led by a member of the Playmorning team. This time will also include some songs about God and often a story from the Bible.
- 10.35 – Free Play: Each Tuesday, play areas are set up inside and outside. Carers are encouraged to play with their children and are responsible for their supervision at all times. This playtime also provides opportunities to chat with other carers and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee. While light snacks are provided, you will need to bring food for your child (no nut products please).
- 11.50 – Pack Away Time: While the adults are packing away, the children can enjoy a parachute game in the backyard. The games will be run by a team member and we ask that a couple of carers help out with playing them. The games will end by 12.00. If you need to leave early, we understand.
How do you communicate with us?
Each term we hand out a newsletter with key dates and information. We also make announcements during Circle Time. If you wish, you can provide your email address for updates and information. You can also find Northmead Playmorning on Facebook.
We value your comments and feedback. Please grab one of the team after Playmorning or e-mail us at [email protected]
Who is Northmead Anglican Playmorning?
Northmead Playmorning is run by volunteers from Northmead Anglican Church. We are all committed and passionate Christians. We volunteer because our love for Jesus calls us to share the good new about Jesus Christ, love our community and care for those in it. In Circle Time, we sometimes have a Bible story or song that reflects our beliefs as Christians, and at Easter and Christmas time we love to talk about Jesus and the amazing things he has done. Anybody, regardless of religious belief, is welcome at Playmorning.
Preschool Storytime is for children aged 2 to 5 years. Introduce your child to the wonderful world of books.
Held during school terms.
- Eastwood Library – Tuesday and Thursday 11 am (note: on the 1st Thursday of the month, 11 am, Bilingual Storytime will be held for all ages)
- Gladesville Library – Wednesday and Friday 11 am
- North Ryde Library – Wednesday 11 am
- Ryde Library – Tuesday 10 – 10.45 am and 11.15 am – 12 noon (note: on the 1st Tuesday of the month, Bilingual Storytime)
- West Ryde Library – Wednesday 11am (note: on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, Bilingual Storytime will be held for all ages)
A music and movement group for 0-6 year olds and their care givers. Groups run weekly, 10am Tuesdays at 12 Taylor Street West Pennant Hills during the school term. There is no need to book in to Tunes4Tots you can just turn up on the day
What happens at Tunes4Tots?
Each session includes singing, morning tea and free play. A rotation of additional activities occur throughout the month such as:
- The first Tuesday of the month has a puppet performed story
- The second Tuesday of the month includes a parachute for singing and play
- The third Tuesday of the month uses a variety of percussion instruments
- The fourth Tuesday of the month includes a parachute for singing and play
All lyrics are projected onto a screen to assist parents and care givers in singing along
How much is Tunes4Tots?
Sessions are $2 a week, which includes morning tea, or you can buy a 10 week pass for $20 which includes an 11th free week.
Storytime is a fun and interactive 30 minute session for parents and children aged 2-5. It consists of stories, songs and activities which aim to encourage literacy and a love of reading in children. Storytime is a great way to bond with your child. It is also valuable preparation for starting school, as it gives children a chance to participate in a group and introduces them to books and reading.
During school terms only.
- Baulkham Hills: Tuesday and Friday 11.00am
- Castle Hill: Tuesday and Wednesday 10.30am & 11.15am
- Dural: Monday 10.30am
- Rouse Hill: Tuesday and Friday 10.30am
Please note: due to space restrictions participant numbers are limited at Castle Hill and Rouse Hill. Special group visits are welcome by appointment at any branch.
Contact staff at any of the Hills Libraries for further information.