Active Parramatta is an initiative of City of Parramatta Council to promote continued participation in health, fitness and lifelong learning programs. In November 2017, the Active Parramatta van hit the road, packed with sporting equipment and games for kids, visiting local parks for free pop-up sessions. And local families have been enjoying it ever since! See the schedule for these summer holidays below.
Every pop-up session is slightly different depending on the age and interests of the kids attending. But there are always enthusiastic staff and a van packed with items to play soccer, tennis, cricket, shuttlecock and football with. Plus skipping ropes, hula hoops and foam frisbees and much more. There is truly something for a wide range of ages. NOTE: Due to health and safety, the van can not operate when it is raining or in extreme heat.
Keep in mind, the Active Parramatta staff are there to interact with your kids and assist them in playing and learning sports. These sessions are most fun when parents are involved and you must supervise your child at all times.
Summer School Holidays 2019
Here are the Active Parramatta van pop-up sessions for final week of the summer holidays in January. We also recommend you follow their Facebook page to get updates.
Monday 21st Jan
- Third Settlement Reserve, Winston Hills: 9:30am – 11am
- Frank Hayes Playground, Wentworthville: 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Reynolds Park, Toongabbie: 3pm to 4pm
Tuesday 22nd Jan
- Hillcrest Avenue Reserve, Winston Hills: 9:30am – 11:00am
- Larry Bolitho Reserve, Carlingford: 11:30am – 12:30pm
- West Epping Park, Epping: 3pm – 4pm
Wednesday 23rd Jan
- Dundas Park, Dundas: 12pm – 1pm
- Bi-plane Park, Rosehill: 3pm – 4pm
Thursday 24th Jan
- Ollie Webb Reserve, Parramatta: 2:30pm – 4pm