What a BUMPER weekend! From free entry to three museums, a free nutella breakfast and a new Parramatta trash and treasure market to the opening of a new play centre and the Winter Magic Festival in the Blue Mountains.
Just over a week to go until school holidays and if you are stuck for inspiration, then definitely have a read of our top 20 picks for these holidays. It also means that this is the last week of regular weekday activities for under 5s. While most activities during the school holidays are for school kids, there are still some events for little ones, like Storytime with Poppy, Way Out West Festival and Winter Wonderland at Central Gardens. Plus plenty of playgrounds to visit – here is our favourite 15 winter playgrounds for little ones.
Highlights for the Week
Below we have highlighted a few of this week’s events. Click on each day to be taken to the What’s On Calendar for that day. There is also a list of key upcoming events at the end of this article for you to mark in your calendar. And if you haven’t used our What’s On Calendar before, here is a handy demo on the different ways you can use it.
- Indulge in a FREE Nutella breakfast thanks to the Nutella Truck stopping in Penrith, before it heads north up the coast.
- Go treasure hunting at the inaugural ParraPickers – Best in the West Trash & Treasure Market.
- Tantalise your tastebuds, delight little daredevils and grab a bargain at the St Kevin’s School Fete in Eastwood.
- Celebrate food, fashion and beauty at Stockland Merrylands Festival Weekend from Thursday 22nd to Sunday 25th June. There is lots of free entertainment and bargains to be had, including from Tiddlers Kids.
- Play test the newest play centre in the West when Crocs Playcentre at Prospect opens this Saturday.
- Visit three museums for FREE this weekend as part of Free Museum Weekend. The Australian Museum, Powerhouse Museum and Museums Discovery Centre in Castle Hill are all participating. You MUST pre-register.
- Go on a road trip to the mountains and join in the Winter Magic Festival celebrations. The parade will have over 500 colourful participants celebrating the winter solstice and the rich, diverse mountains community.
- Grab an end of financial year bargain at Primewest Auburn Megamall and let the kids enjoy themselves as well with some balloon twisting and face painting.
- Take your four-legged family member to Woof-Fest at Warrigal Run, Bungarribee Park.
- Step back in time at the Australiana Pioneer Village for their Scales, Skin, Fur and Feathers themed day.
- Mark the end of Ramadan and eve of the Eid-Al-Fitr in Islamic Calendar at the Chand Raat Eid Festival in Rosehill Gardens.
- Explore and build at the Rouse Hill House & Farm in LEGO® Bricks exhibition, which opens 24th June and goes to 18th July.
- Listen to stories, sing and dance at Epping Library for Storytime or Merrylands Library for Toddler Time.
- Find out how play helps the development of your child at the Mums & Co Pack and Play Workshop at Ikea Rhodes.
- Journey to the prehistoric ocean depths during Erth’s Prehistoric Aquarium interactive evening production at Riverside Theatres.
- Join in with songs, stories and rhymes at Redsee Storytimes at Carlingford, Constitution Hill, Dundas and Ermington Libraries.
- Journey to the prehistoric ocean depths during Erth’s Prehistoric Aquarium interactive day-time production at Riverside Theatres.
- Bounce around at Boing Central for Toddler Time.
- Visit one of the 15 local playgrounds on our favourite winter playgrounds for little ones list.
- Join Blinky Bill as he goes on adventures with his friends Nutsy, Splodge, Flap, Marcia and Mr Wombat at Riverside Theatres.
- Let bub have fun listening to songs, rhymes and reading at Bubba Time at Greystanes or Wentworthville Libraries.
- Skate, play and eat at the opening of Winterlight – 17 days of magical winter fun at Prince Alfred Square in Parramatta.
Upcoming Events to Mark in Your Calendar
- 1st July: Market by the River – Winter Wonderland
- 1st & 2nd July: Winterfest at Hawkesbury Showground
- 3rd to 14th July: Winter School Holidays
- 8th July: Burramatta – a family friendly cultural celebration
- 12th to 15th July: Way Out West Festival for Children
PLEASE NOTE: All care has been taken to have accurate information. We do not take responsibility for information that isn’t accurate. Events change and get cancelled and we try to keep up to date. Please make sure you check with the event host to find out if it is still on.