In true Listies style, the hilarious duo has pulled apart Hamlet and glued it back together with comic costumes, silliness and plenty of interactivity.
Hamlet is already full of things children love in a good story: ghosts, castles, sword fights, bodily fluids and spooky stuff. Add to the mix some super-sonic gags and expertly timed stage magic unlike anything kids have seen before and you have a brilliantly disguised Shakespearean tragedy for the whole family!
And that’s not all…expect bonus pillow fights, pirates, ninjas, ninja pirates, aliens, ninja pirate aliens, zombies and a bunch of other hysterical stuff as The Listies take kids and their adults on a fun-filled hour of theatre. The only thing we can be sure of is that everyone dies at the end – including the audience!
Cheeky, clever, utterly irreverent and made especially for children, this is the Bard as you never imagined possible! Hamlet: Prince of Skidmark is the perfect introduction to Shakespeare and theatre for children, and will captivate the young and young at heart.
- Suitable for: kids 5+yrs and their families
- Dates & Times (4 shows): Tuesday 29th June at 2pm and 6pm; Wednesday 30th June at 10am and 2pm, 60min show with no interval
- Ticket Price: $25 each or $90 for family of 4, plus booking fee
- Book Tickets
To celebrate the fun creative arts on in Penrith these school holidays, we’re got two double passes (2 tickets each) to Hamlet: Prince of Skidmark on Tuesday 29 June at 6pm to give away (valued at $50 each).
How to Enter
For your chance to win, simply like and comment on our Hamlet: Prince of Skidmark post on Facebook or Instagram between 7:30pm Friday 18th June and 7:30pm Wednesday 23rd June 2021.
To find out more and book tickets, head to Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents, Facebook and Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to people who like and comment on the ParraParents Hamlet: Prince of Skidmark post, except the judges and their family, on Facebook or Instagram.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person will be accepted.
- The winner will be randomly selected by the judges – ParraParents team members Kellie Darley and Mel Pazin. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 7:30PM FRIDAY 18TH JUNE 2021 and ends 7:30PM WEDNESDAY 23RD JUNE 2021. All entries must be posted by 7:30PM WEDNESDAY 23RD JUNE 2021 via the ParraParrents Facebook page or Instagram.
- The winners will be announced on the ParraParents website and Facebook page by THURSDAY 24TH JUNE 2021.
- The winners will be contacted by THURSDAY 24TH JUNE 2021. If a winner does not provide their full name and email by FRIDAY 25TH JUNE at 5pm, then ParraParents will draw another winner.
- There are TWO prizes to be won – each prize is a double pass (2 tickets) to Hamlet: Prince of Skidmark show (valued at $50) at John Sutherland Performing Arts Centre in Penrith on Tuesday 29th at 6pm.
- The winners will be emailed their tickets from John Sutherland Performing Arts Centre.
- The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash and must be taken as given.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive their prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges.
- In the event that there are less than 10 entries received, ParraParents reserves the right to extend the competition period.