The amazing Mr Toad and his bonny, boisterous pals are heading back to Sydney’s Royal Botanic Garden to entertain littlies and biggies in Glenn Elston’s outdoor production of The Wind in The Willows.
From 4th to 26th January, children will giggle and howl at the characters’ mad antics, go on an adventure with Head Chief Rabbit, Ratty and Mole, then join a dangerous mission with the Rat Pack and Badger Patrol to rescue little, lost Portly the Otter from the Wild Wood.
This is interactive theatre at its best and will have children calling out, “He’s behind you!” and singing lyrics, “Waggle your ears, wiggle your nose,” or the inimitable “Quack quack quackady-quack”. So pack a picnic and bring the kids down to the Royal Botanic Gardens on Sydney Harbour for this lively, amusing outdoor production.
“There wasn’t a moment that didn’t engage or entertain… perfect family fare in a delightful setting” AU Review
- Suitable for kids 3yrs+ and their families
- Performances are at the Royal Botanical Garden, Sydney (enter via any gate and make your way to the Harbour side of the main pond) from Saturday 4th January to Sunday 26th January.
- Show length is about 90-100mins
- Tickets: $25/30 per person (midweek/ weekend); $90/$110 family pass – 4 tickets (midweek/ weekend)
To celebrate Wind in the Willows returning to Sydney these school holidays for the 17th consecutive year, we’re giving away two family passes (4 tickets each), valued at $110, to the show on Saturday 11th January at 10:30am.
How to Enter
For your chance to win, simply name two characters from Wind in the Willows. To enter, like and comment on our Wind in the Willows Post on Facebook between 7pm Friday 3rd January and 7pm Sunday 5th January 2020.
For more info and to book tickets, visit the Australian Shakespeare Company.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is only open to people who like the ParraParents Wind in the Willows post, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person will be accepted.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘name two characters from Wind in the Willows? on the ParraParents Facebook page.
- All entries will be judged by ParraParents team members – Kellie Darley and Mel Pazin. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 7PM FRIDAY 3RD JANUARY 2020 and ends 7PM SUNDAY 5TH JANUARY 2020. All entries must be posted by 7PM SUNDAY 5TH JANUARY 2020 via the ParraParrents Facebook page.
- The winners will be announced on the ParraParents website and Facebook page on MONDAY 6TH JANUARY 2020.
- The winner will be contacted by TUESDAY 7TH JANUARY 2020.
- There are TWO prizes to be won – each prize is a family pass (4 tickets) to Wind in the Willows on Saturday 11th January at 10:30am (valued at $110) at the Royal Botanic Garden.
- The winner tickets will be available to collect from the box office just before the show.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- In the event a winner is not able to receive their prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges.
- In the event that there are less than 10 entries received, ParraParents reserves the right to extend the competition period.