2 Smith St
Parramatta NSW 2150
Enjoy a family-friendly open day at the Lancer Barracks on Sunday 11th November to commemorate the centenary of the armistice. This historic agreement ended the First World War in 1918.
The Parramatta Armistice Family Open Day will be a gala affair with free tours of the barracks, museum buildings and vehicular exhibits. Museum Memorabilia will be on sale. There will be music, a sausage sizzle, camouflage face painting for kids and the opportunity to dress up as a Light Horseman for a photo.
Armistice Open Day Activities
- Kids activities and workshops
- Free community sausage sizzle lunch
- Live music and entertainment
- Armoured and military vehicle display
- World War 1 Home Front display
- Tour of the NSW Lancers Memorial Museum
Armistice Day Service
Before the Armistice Open Day, you can commemorate the Centenary of the Armistice at a service led by City of Parramatta RSL sub-Branch in Centenary Square. Watch a convoy of armoured and military vehicles arrive from the Lancer Barracks.