Real coal-powered steam, electric and/or petrol powered trains run on the 1st Sunday of the month (except January) – subject to the weather (rain or certain fire danger levels).
**IMPORTANT:All train passengers must be wearing fully enclosed shoes for safety. (No thongs or sandals etc). **
The picnic grounds will be open once again from April 2021! Visitor numbers are limited due to COVID restrictions and the canteen will remain closed due to COVID restrictions.
Park entry fees:
- Children up to 3 years – free
- Children aged 4 to 16 – $2
- Persons aged 17 and up – $5
- Pensioners/concession holders – $2
Park entry fees must be paid via EFTPOS/contactless means at the time of entry. To meet COVID requirements, Service NSW sign-in is required upon entry for all visitors.
Bookings are not required and tickets are available on the day from our ticket office.
Due to COVID restrictions, we will be selling tickets “per carriage” on a train. Each carriage can take up to 4 train riders from a group of people (ideally from the same family).
- Each carriage cost is $15 (for a group of up to 4).
- Each train will operate with 2 carriages available for riders (spaced out with an empty carriage).
- Should a larger family group with 3 tickets wish to ride with up to 12 people, all 3 carriages can be used.
- Each carriage will be sanitised before and after each ride.
We have 3 pairs of undercover tables available for bookings. All outdoor tables and grassed areas are available on a first-in basis on the day. Bookings can be made by accessing the external link here: https://www.trybooking.com/BPSTK
Train ride tickets are only available on the day from our ticket office – no bookings are required for train tickets.
So come along, share this post with your Facebook family and friends and join us for a great day out!
Note – we reserve the right to cancel our event entirely or close our site earlier than planned on the day. (For example changed COVID restrictions, if weather conditions change like severe thunderstorms, fire danger levels change or other adverse weather that may arise which could affect the safety of visitors to our site)