We have been eating and playing our way around town (for years now) to bring you a handy list and map of play and food combos for a range of tastes, budgets and interests. And we’ve found over 150 FREE play areas and playgrounds with cafes nearby! This should make finding a good meeting point with other parents easier (well except that you are spoilt for choice!). Plus, help you when you are out with the kids and in need of a caffeine fix and a play for the kids.
All the free play areas and playgrounds with cafes nearby are within a 20km radius of Parramatta CBD. And there’s an easy walk, of up to 400m, between the play area and cafe. Note: By cafe, we mean any venue that serves food and drinks, though most are actually sit down cafes.
Seeing it is such a long list, we have divided it by where you can find the free play areas and playgrounds. They’re all marked on a Google Map we’ve created and then a summarised in one of the five articles below.
- Outdoor Fenced Playgrounds (34)
- Open Park Playgrounds (47)
- Shopping Centres and Shops with Play Areas and Cafes Nearby (24)
- Clubs and Hotels with Play Areas (42)
- Cafes with Play Areas on Onsite or Within Sight (20+)
Google Map of Free Play Areas and Playgrounds with Cafes Nearby
Here are some of our favourites:
- Fred Robertson Reserve and Bells Road Social cafe
- Stockland Baulkham Hills play area and Little Rocks cafe
- Paperbark Playground in Parramatta Park and Georgie Boy Cafe
- Parramatta River Foreshore Reserve and Bay Vista Dessert Bar
- Lidcombe Shopping Centre and Chow Bella
- Cabarita Park and Sanders Kiosk
- Beecroft Train Park and Play Coffee
- Flower Power Glen Haven
- NBC Sports Club