I’ve previously had breakfast at XS Espresso in Wetherill Park, which draws quite a crowd. I thought the food and coffee were really good so was happy to see them open their doors locally in Northmead.
There’s a variety of healthy and some not so healthy breakfast options, including freak shakes and donuts for the sweet tooths. For the coffee lovers, they serve Campos and also make an amazing iced coffee which is really thick and creamy. They also make fun and creative babycinos, which don’t cost an arm and a leg. Note: I’ve find it takes quite a while when ordering take away coffee so allow a little extra time if you’re in hurry.
Their signature dishes include the:
- Healthy Starter Organic Muesli with fruit and yoghurt,
- Big XS Breakfast – eggs scrambled, poached/fried, crispy bacon, baby truss tomato, avocado, spinach & mushroom served with toasted sourdough,
- Delicious Dean – avocado, cherry tomatoes on sourdough w/ goats cheese, prosciutto, basil pesto & poached eggs, and
- Acai bowls, which look like they are made for sharing.
All the meals are generous and reasonably priced.
They have high chairs and there is room for prams, just not a whole mothers group. There are toilets in the shopping complex.
Opening Hours and Bookings
There are no bookings available, only walk-ins. The cafe is open 7am to 10pm, 7 days a week.
Finding XS Espresso North Parramatta
XS Espresso North Parramatta is technically in Northmead. It is located opposite Bunnings and next to Officeworks, along Windsor Road. There is ample parking within the Junction Shopping Centre.
Places of Interest Nearby
- Bunnings Northmead
- Willsford Homes Playground