Edwards Park has a brand new medium sized, fenced and partially shaded playground. It is a great place to meet for a play in the park before heading across to The Backyard at Briars or checking out the strip of cafes and restaurants along Majors Bay Road.
The playground is a climbers delight, with a couple of rock climbing walls, a spiders web, a rope climbing frame and rope poles.
The playground also has:
- small slide;
- ride in fire truck;
- large enclosed slide; and
- three swings, including a toddler seat and birds nest.
There is a concrete path within the fenced area for scooters and bikes, plus a park bench (in the sun) and bubbler.
Keep in mind that it is only partially shaded and there are very few trees nearby.
There is a large grassy sports field surrounding the playground. The whole area looks like it would be packed for weekend sports. There is a toilet block and there might also be change rooms and a canteen.
Points of Interest Nearby
Edwards Park is:
- across the road from The Backyard at Briars, which is a lovely cafe with a old bowling green converted into a play area for little ones. On Tuesdays during school term, they hold a baby brunch from 11am to 2pm. Parents get a free coffee and slice of cake with every adult meal purchased.
- a short walk from the strip of cafes and restaurants along Majors Bay Road.
- a short drive from Cabarita Park and Rhodes Waterside shopping centre.
Finding Edwards Park
The playground at Edwards Park is best accessed via Brewer Street in Concord. There is plenty of street parking available and a number of buses stop at the park.