Welcome in the Year of the Rooster at Parramatta’s annual, family friendly Lunar New Year celebrations. Centenary Square will be transformed into a hub of vibrant colour, performances and flavours on Friday 3rd February from 4.30pm to 9:30pm.
The festivities will showcase the beautiful and colourful traditions of South East Asian culture. There will be contemporary music and dance, food stalls and the traditional dragon and lion procession, plus a fireworks finale!
For families, there will be free workshops, including calligraphy, lantern-making, umbrella decorating, origami and calligraphy.
Lunar Food Village
The Lunar Food Village will feature cuisine from popular eateries including Tsuru, Jimmy Liks and Yan’s, as well as mouth-watering desserts from Koi and KayterCo.
- Families can explore Lunar Land’s workshops, from lantern making and umbrella decorating, to calligraphy and story time.
- On the main stage, Comedian Michael Hing will host the entertainment featuring talented local performer Sophia Bridget Dalisay, community groups and special guests Shaan’xi Province Art Group.
- A colourful lantern canopy will delight all selfie enthusiasts.
- The evening program’s highlights include a 10 minute fireshow from the Dauntless Movement Crew, the traditional Lion and Dragon Dance, Chinese fire crackers and a spectacular fireworks show.
- Carlingford Court: Saturday 28th January, 9am to 10am
- North Rocks Shopping Centre: Saturday 28th January, 11am to 2pm
- Lunar New Year Masterclassess | Rhodes Waterside Shopping Centre: Saturday 28th January to 4th February, 11am to 4pm
- Auburn Megamall: Saturday 28th January, 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- Sydney Hills Lunar Festival | Bella Vista Farm: Sunday 29th Janurary, 12pm to 9pm
- Sydney Olympic Park: Monday 30th January, 8am and 12:30pm
- Lunar Circus | Lidcome: Friday 3rd February, 6pm to 9pm
- Winston Hills Mall: Saturday 4th February 10:30am to 1:30pm
- Rhodes Foreshore Park: Saturday 4th February, from 5pm to 9:30pm
- The Promenade, Wentworth Point: Saturday 4th February, from 6pm to 9pm
- Lunar New Year Grand Celebration | Eastwood Plaza: Saturday 11th February, from 11am to 4pm