What is the worst piece of parenting advice that you have received?
WINNERS – 1ST PRIZE: Rebecca Carlier, 2ND PRIZE: Naomi Warr
To enter competition 1, simply comment below with your answer to the question ‘What is the worst piece of parenting advice that you have received?‘, as well as subscribe to the ParraParents newsletter.
- Competition Opens: Wednesday 7th September at 8pm.
- Competition Closes: Sunday 11th September at 8pm.
- 1st Prize: $100 breakfast voucher from The Baker and Builder Cafe.
- 2nd Prize: Wash, cut and blowdry by Linda Jeaitani Hair at her home salon in West Ryde (valued at $70). Alternatively she is offering a free wash, cut and blowdry with any colour service at your home (if you live within the Parramatta or Ryde Council areas).
* The full terms and conditions for launch competition 1 are at the bottom of this page.
Launch Competition Series
Remember, there are FIVE competitions in total, running for four days each, from 7th until 30th September.
Established in 2015 by Renowned Pastry Chef Leanne Beck at Entrada in North Parramatta
With a world class pastry pedigree in Sydney, Paris and London under her belt, Leanne Beck’s pies have gathered a cult following among Sydney foodies.
In addition to their delicious food and gorgeous pastries, The Baker and Builder host a weekly mothers group on Tuesdays and provide great activities for the kids every Saturday.
Held every Tuesday from 10am to 12pm, The Baker and Builder Cafe mother’s group is an opportunity to meet other local mothers over coffee and lunch while the kids play in their kids area. It costs $15 per person for coffee, lunch and dessert and you just show up.
With a great line up of activities from animal farms, to cupcake decorating and a Super Man hero party, a Saturday morning visit to The Baker and Builder Cafe should keep the kids happily entertained while you enjoy a yummy breakfast.
Address: 7/ 20 Victoria Road, North Parramatta.
Open: Tuesday to Friday 7.00am – 6.00pm, Saturday 8.00am – 4.00pm, Sunday 8,00am – 3.00pm, Closed Monday & Public Holidays.
Linda has been in the hairdressing industry for 18years. She stopped working from salons about 7 years ago and had her own small salon. Then she had her first bub and started working from home. Now she is set up at her home in West Ryde and also does mobile services. Linda trained with Lizzi Liros and Peta Winter.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify ParraParents from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- The competition is open to all subscribers of the ParraParents newsletter, except the judges and their family.
- Only 1 (one) entry per person is to be submitted.
- The entrant must answer the question ‘What is the worst piece of parenting advice that you have received?’ in the comment section of the competition page.
- All entries will be judged by the current administrators of the ParraParents website – Claudia Stamfel, Kellie Darley and Mel Towers. The judge’s decision is final.
- The competition begins 8pm WEDNESDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER 2016 and ends 8pm SUNDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER 2016. All entries must be posted by 8pm SUNDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER 2016.
- The winner will be announced on the ParraParents website by TUESDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2016.
- The winner will be contacted via email by TUESDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2016.
- The winners name and email address will be shared with the business providing the prizes, either The Baker and Builder Cafe or Linda Jeaitani Hair by FRIDAY 16TH SEPTEMBER.
- First prize is a $100 voucher to be used for breakfast at The Baker and Builder Cafe.
- Second prize is a wash, cut and blowdry by Linda Jeaitani Hair at her home salon in West Ryde (valued at $70). Alternatively you can get a free wash, cut and blowdry with any colour service at your home (if you live within the Parramatta or Ryde Council areas).
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- The winners will need to organise to collect their prize from the business providing the prize.
- In the event of the winner not being able to receive their prize, a runner up will be selected by the judges to receive the prize.