- There is non-stop free entertainment from 6am to 9pm.
- The Crescent at Parramatta Park will be a magic playland for kids from 10am to 4:30pm.
- The event celebrates the diversity of our community with a range of cultural and Indigenous performances and workshops.
- All entertainment, activities and workshops are free, except amusement rides are $7 each but cheaper with family/multi ride passes.
- There is lots of room to spread out in the park. Bring a picnic rug and picnic or grab a bite to eat from the many food stalls and trucks. There will be 90 metres of smoked, grilled and basted delights at the Big BBQ from 6am to 8pm.
- You can also bring eskies, low lying beach chairs and pop up beach style tents.
- Remember, there is also the Domain Creek playground for the kids to enjoy.
- This is a vehicle free event. Take public transport or ride your bike there, with free valet bike parking from 10am – 9.30pm.
Full Day Program of Free Activities
As the sun rises, start your day marvelling at the skies at Sydney’s biggest hot air balloon display, with delicious food and roving family entertainment. The beautiful hot air balloons should be a hit with the kids (and early risers!).
There will also be a Big BBQ battle, plus Channel 9’s TODAY will be broadcasting live from 5.30am – 10am.
This magic play land is THE PLACE to be with kids on Australia Day! Just like a mini kids-only carnival, there are lots of FREE activities, workshops, performances and music to exercise little minds, imaginations and bodies.
The kids crescent is set under trees and domes, so bring a picnic rug, settle in and relax. Plus you can unwind at the mobile café!
Free Workshops and Activities
Workshops and activities will be running from 10am to 4.30pm and they do not require booking – just turn up and play!
Get up and move with yoga, become a wild animal by getting your face painted or making a mask, try balloon art, have fun at a magic or dance workshop and make your own giant bubbles.
Enjoy Indigenous dance and storytelling, paint your own boomerang, try fruit carving – art you can eat, join The Good Fairies games and workshops, drumming, make a hanging garden and lots of arts and craft.
Kids Crescent stage
- 10am – Morning Yoga
- 10.30am – A Very Fairy Adventure
- 11am – Storytime
- 11.30am – Dreamtime stories and dance
- 12pm – Fizzics “Kaboom” Show
- 12.45pm – Storytime
- 1pm – Jonas Jost (Magician)
- 1.30pm – International Dance Spectacular (Universal Carnivale)
- 2pm – The Parade of Creatures
- 2.15pm – Martinez featuring Ben Sekali
- 3pm – Fizzics “Kaboom” Show
- 3.45pm – Martinez featuring Ben Sekali
There will be a huge vintage car display, featuring more than 600 cars, at CARnivale from 10am – 5.30pm. The race cars and fire trucks that are sure to be a hit with the kids.
Sit back, relax and celebrate triple j’s annual countdown, with lots of room for the kids to run and play! Just head over to the Aerial stage, hosted by Bluejuice’s Jake Stone, where a swag of awesome Aussie bands and DJs will play live with the countdown streaming in between sets.
The Australia Day celebrations finish off with a massive 10min firework and pyrotechnic spectacular, set to a hit music soundtrack.
Australia Day in Parramatta Park is a vehicle-free event. Make sure you plan your trip, arrive early and take public transport.
- The closest train stations are Parramatta and Westmead, both a 10 minute walk to Parramatta Park.
- Leave your bike at the free bike valet parking service thanks to Camwest Bicycle User Group Inc. Bike valet is located just inside the park, enter through the O’Connell Street (Tudor Gatehouse) entry. Open 10am to 9.30pm.
- There are also more than 7,000 metered on and off-street parking spaces available across the Parramatta CBD.
- There is limited parking on-site at Parramatta Park for people with a mobility parking permit. This needs to be pre-registered prior to the event by emailing Thomas Marschall.